What happens to unused holidays & Saldo in this case?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Samer2010

Post by Samer2010 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am

Hi Forum

I have a question about the annual holidays and I really hope that you could help me out to better understand it.

Assume that a person has been working full-time for e.g. Company-A for a few years already, and for this year has his standard (Lomaoikeus: 30 days) annual holidays. Also, Company-A has already paid the Lomaraha along with June's salary.

Assume that this person did not use any of his annual holidays, and kept working, then, He has decided to leave/resign from Company-A to start working for Company-B starting e.g. 1st July 2018.

What will happen to his earned/deserved holidays (Jäljellä) which he has not used?

I understand that Company-A has already paid the Lomaraha, at the sae time, That person did not take any day off. Will Company-A pay for these ununsed holidays or what?

Thank you so much & I would appreciate all your inputs
Last edited by Samer2010 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: What happens to unused holidays (Jäljellä) in this case?

Post by Upphew » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:43 pm

http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

MeAndmE

Post by MeAndmE » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Lomaraha is an extra bonus. The unused/earned holiday days will get paid if you leave the company.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 pm

And lomaraha may not be paid if you did not keep your holiday. The holiday which are not used are paid on the last salary when you leave the job.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Samer2010 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:59 am

What will happen to his earned/deserved holidays (Jäljellä) which he has not used?

I understand that Company-A has already paid the Lomaraha, at the sae time, That person did not take any day off. Will Company-A pay for these ununsed holidays or what?
Basically the employer pays you a salary (or if you have another contract, the equivalent) equivalent for how long you have holidays unused. If you have 30 days, that is 5 weeks, a bit longer than a month. If you have 12 unused days they'll pay you two weeks.
Depending on your agreement you may not be paid lomaraha for this year holidays as you are leaving just at the moment the bonus is paid, as pointed above.

Samer2010

Re: What happens to unused holidays & Saldo in this case?

Post by Samer2010 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Thank you all very much for your clarifications - Very useful & helpful !

What about the (Saldo)? How this will be handled when the employee leaves?
Saldo is the amount of work e.g. (Extra hours) that you do in addition to the standard hours e.g. 37.5 hrs/week, and this is NOT an overtime. Basically additional hour or two every week, But, They accumulate after a year.

Will the employer pay for these when the employee leaves? Or, Is it better/safer to take them as vacation?

Once again, Really thank you !

tavastia

Re: What happens to unused holidays & Saldo in this case?

Post by tavastia » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:13 am

Saldo will be paid with the last salary if they are not taken as leave before.