Unemployment activation model: Can somebody explain this news please?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
suomynona.yllatot

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi all,

Here the link to the Yle news:

When they talk about the unemployment allowance, I understood that salary related unemployment is already restricted to a limited and defined period, I think was it 500 days or something and serves as an immediate safety net in case one loses their job. Am I right?

And then they talking about getting the *long-term unemployed* back into work. That seems to be a different issue altogether.

The salary based unemployment is primarily for those that have been working and suddenly lost their jobs. The typical profile seems to be people that have been employed and unemployed voluntarily - and would actively seek re-employment. How does reducing their support net cause the *long-term employed back into work?*

My opinion may very well be a premature judgement, in line of my thinking above (and I am open to criticism), these !"#¤% (p.o.l.i.s.h.i.t.i.a.n.s) get away with anything simply because people don't think. I remember a comedian quoting on the same lines: "They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking". I.e. yes, the population here at large is educated - educated into imbecility

Please, am I missing something? The question bogs my mind.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Unemployment activation model: Can somebody explain this news please?

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:46 pm

suomynona.yllatot wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:15 pm
When they talk about the unemployment allowance, I understood that salary related unemployment is already restricted to a limited and defined period, I think was it 500 days or something and serves as an immediate safety net in case one loses their job. Am I right?
It is restricted but the talk is not only about the earnings related unemployed benefits.
suomynona.yllatot wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:15 pm
The salary based unemployment is primarily for those that have been working and suddenly lost their jobs. The typical profile seems to be people that have been employed and unemployed voluntarily - and would actively seek re-employment. How does reducing their support net cause the *long-term employed back into work?*
The activation model concerns all types of job seekers. It does not matter whether you are on, for example, earnings related unemployed benefit or labor market subsidy.

Nshukla6

Post by Nshukla6 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi

I have one question, may be not related to this subject. The question as below:

1. I came to Finland last year 28-07-2017 and recently my visa got extended till 15.06.2019. still my Visa type is “B” but we got permanent address in Finland and registered in Maistrati.
So my question is does my Wife can apply for the Finnish course in TE office. She has also received permanent address and also Kela decision.

Please guide!

Thanks
Nitin

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:07 am

Nshukla6 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:08 pm
I have one question, may be not related to this subject. The question as below:
Then you open a new thread instead of hijacking an existing one.