PR card

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Beep_Boop

Re: PR card

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:56 am

This sounds very interesting. Could you please a upload a picture of the card you have? (after blacking out all the private information, of course)

Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:29 am

Cory wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:27 am
Been in Finland since 1994. Canadian.

Have never had an issue coming back into the EU using my PR card. Do so 2-3 times a year.
Just back from holidays and got held up in a small room in the Reykjavik airport because I didn't have a pink RP card. The guy was just doing his job so no issue with him. No one asked me any questions as I sat in this little room for 20 minutes so it was kind of weird. Guess he just had to confirm that it was authentic.
My plastic card was issued in 2011 and it's good til 2021. This pink card must have been issued since 2011.

Anyone else have the same experience using the old, non-pink card?
I can't locate such a card in PRADO which could very well be the reason that they couldn't verify the card on the spot.

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/prado/EN ... s-all.html

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Cory wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:34 pm
No, but now I know that the newer PR cards are biometric. Mine isn't
Right. Your mysterious RP card that was magically issued by Finland on 2011 but isn't listed in official records online, despite Finland decommissioning the passport RP stickers on the last day of 2011 and issuing pink RP cards on the first day of 2012.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.