Private Driving lessons

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Mrs Adnan

Private Driving lessons

Post by Mrs Adnan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Hello,

I wanted to inquire about the driving lessons in Finland. I am already enrolled in a driving school but I want to practice more on my own as well with my husband since practicing with teacher may cost me much more.

My question is:
1. What is the requirement for doing that? Does my husband need to have some special permit to teach me? What are the requirements which are to be fulfilled so he can teach me?
2. From where do I get that L plate to be placed?
3. While I am learning to drive, can i go anywhere on my own with L plate placed on my car?

I tried to search on this forum as well as on Google and did not find clear answers to the above. I also asked my teacher and actually i have asked her a couple of times now and her answers are very vague and confusing honestly :) and I feel embarrassed asking her again.

Thanks in advance :)

Private Driving lessons

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Private Driving lessons

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:52 pm

If I recall correctly, there needs to be some modifications to the car to be accepted for teaching and the teacher needs to have an instructor permit. The rules have changed a few weeks ago, so I don't know how they are now. Contact Ajovarva to get the most accurate information https://www.ajovarma.fi/contact-us

Finland doesn't have "L" plates, but instead a plain white triangle called opetuskolmio which you can get from Motonet and similar shops. Finally, no you cannot ever drive on your own unless you have a licence, even if you have opetuskolmio.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Mrs Adnan

Re: Private Driving lessons

Post by Mrs Adnan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:11 am

Beep_Boop wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:52 pm
If I recall correctly, there needs to be some modifications to the car to be accepted for teaching and the teacher needs to have an instructor permit. The rules have changed a few weeks ago, so I don't know how they are now. Contact Ajovarva to get the most accurate information https://www.ajovarma.fi/contact-us

Finland doesn't have "L" plates, but instead a plain white triangle called opetuskolmio which you can get from Motonet and similar shops. Finally, no you cannot ever drive on your own unless you have a licence, even if you have opetuskolmio.
Thank you so much! :thumbsup: :D