Corruption... and so the cookie crumbles!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Upphew
Posts: 10200
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Corruption... and so the cookie crumbles!

Post by Upphew » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:30 am

undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:20 pm
Can someone just get this clown out of here already? Literally all he does is piss, bitch, whine and moan about Finland and how much he hates it. This serves no purpose for people coming here looking to know more about Finland. What an £$€¤%&.
Nah. People have different opinions and I like to hear them out. Nothing worse than living in a bubble of like-minded people, you might start to believe that the reality you live in is the truth.


http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Re: Corruption... and so the cookie crumbles!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: Corruption... and so the cookie crumbles!

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:27 pm

undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:20 pm
Can someone just get this clown out of here already? Literally all he does is piss, bitch, whine and moan about Finland and how much he hates it. This serves no purpose for people coming here looking to know more about Finland. What an £$€¤%&.
Oj! What the h𝚎ll, mate?! Saying that Finland isn't good in some aspects isn't a bad thing. Blind nationalism (or probably in your case blind second-hand nationalism) is very toxic and counterproductive. No improvement comes out without criticism of the status quo.

To me, it seems like you're the one who should be out of here already.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.


undertakerfreak
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: Corruption... and so the cookie crumbles!

Post by undertakerfreak » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:08 am

Upphew wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:30 am
undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:20 pm
Can someone just get this clown out of here already? Literally all he does is piss, bitch, whine and moan about Finland and how much he hates it. This serves no purpose for people coming here looking to know more about Finland. What an £$€¤%&.
Nah. People have different opinions and I like to hear them out. Nothing worse than living in a bubble of like-minded people, you might start to believe that the reality you live in is the truth.
This is a bit extreme. Dissent is one thing, but when all you're doing is being insulting, rude, and taking up space in a forum designed for a country you obviously hate and even want to LEAVE, how is that productive? When does it go from "I don't want to be in a bubble" to "I don't want to tolerate useless toxicity"?


undertakerfreak
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Re: Corruption... and so the cookie crumbles!

Post by undertakerfreak » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:12 am

Beep_Boop wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:27 pm
undertakerfreak wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:20 pm
Can someone just get this clown out of here already? Literally all he does is piss, bitch, whine and moan about Finland and how much he hates it. This serves no purpose for people coming here looking to know more about Finland. What an £$€¤%&.
Oj! What the h𝚎ll, mate?! Saying that Finland isn't good in some aspects isn't a bad thing. Blind nationalism (or probably in your case blind second-hand nationalism) is very toxic and counterproductive. No improvement comes out without criticism of the status quo.

To me, it seems like you're the one who should be out of here already.
Are you @#$% kidding? Dude, one of the biggest reasons I left the US was blind nationalism. Don't @#$% lecture me about that. I'm more aware than many native Finns could be about the dangers of blind nationalism (see: Trump and the rise of white nationalists currently)

And you want to talk about counterproductivity? How about the guy in question claiming in a post that he's leaving Finland as soon as he can, just to continue to hang around in a forum dedicated to Finland? How far up your own ass do you have to be to miss that?

But sure, make it out as simply me wanting to quell all negative talk about Finland. This is so blatantly obvious that I can't believe I have to point it out. He hates this place, wants to leave, but he's all too happy to hang around in a forum about Finland to whine about speeding tickets and taxes. It's absurd, and if this is the kind of attitude I get when I point this glaring hideousness out, then @#$% it. This isn't the place for me. And for the record, I have no sense of nationalism for Finland whatsoever. I'm here because the woman I fell in love with six years ago lives here, and circumstances in the US are getting way too @#$% up for me to tolerate anymore. Plenty I hate, plenty I love. This isn't about plain dissent.

Guess this is my last post here, whether by choice or by force, but if you guys are willing to defend this useless turd, why should I waste my time here anyway?


Upphew
Posts: 10200
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Corruption... and so the cookie crumbles!

Post by Upphew » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:27 am

undertakerfreak wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:12 am
Guess this is my last post here, whether by choice or by force, but if you guys are willing to defend this useless turd, why should I waste my time here anyway?
I waste my time here because I find it entertaining. If the positives don't outweigh the negatives, then you should take a break.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


inkku
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Corruption... and so the cookie crumbles!

Post by inkku » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:08 pm

If you find somebody's postings irritating, I believe you can ignore/hide them completely, have you checked the FAQ. ja herne pois nenasta!


User avatar
network_engineer
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:21 am

Re: Corruption... and so the cookie crumbles!

Post by network_engineer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Everybody has a right to their opinions, and venting should be fine in general. As I see it, the poster has written nothing specific about an individual. But has ranted about corruption or taxes are as I understand with a quick read.

Look, Finland has some very good things, and some things going worse. In other cases, things are looking up. S/he has a right to his opinion, and a right to move wherever, and both of them are indepedent of each other. And many of the members, and I have been here on the forum since 2003, a large number of people are in Finland, and those moving to, and those moving out of here.

As I read, I see an equal number of directed expletives on your posts as well. A vainglorious approach really doesn't help. Too many people have asked too many questions, got many answers, and continue to be here whether it is to rant, rave or whatever.

If you don't like the post/ topic, please ignore, move on, or counter respectfully.


Nash Burdoch
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:29 pm

Re: Corruption... and so the cookie crumbles!

Post by Nash Burdoch » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Unless you've never lived abroad it's easy to get upset or mad over issues like the example given.

It's all relative though to what you're accustomed to in daily life. Myself, coming from abroad, view these issues as minor. Finland overall is a fantastic, organized country and society. No place is perfect though.


Post Reply