Cheating by Facebook sale

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jack2012

Post by jack2012 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi,

I am cheated by someone, he sold me mattress with wrong description, he told me that it is not Spring while it is spring and mattress shown in photo was very clean while delivered one was extremely dirty. He delivered it and got money. After he left, I realized that it is spring and very shaky, I called him to return and now he is refusing and saying that all is good and I cannot take it. I paid 100 euros for it.

What are options to me; can I make complain to Police or Consumer court(I do not think, he has registered business) or something else. What are available options to get money back!

Please advise.

Kiitos :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Cheating by Facebook sale

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:29 pm

He delivered it to you and you had the opportunity to see it and refuse to buy it. I'd be very surprised if there's any recourse in your case.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:48 am

Beep_Boop wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:29 pm
He delivered it to you and you had the opportunity to see it and refuse to buy it. I'd be very surprised if there's any recourse in your case.
Especially as the seller is not company. Deals between consumers then to have back light guarantee. And the prices should reflect that.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Kössi K

Post by Kössi K » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Yep, this how you learn this lesson the hard way. You're pretty much screwed, and just lost 100 eur in that, as the seller refuses to admit any wrongdoing.
Also, you're generally required to (and should!) check the product right away when it was delivered and you received it. This applies to packages received from companies, too.
I don't know why you actually paid the guy without checking the actual product first. (As pointed out by BeepBoop, above) Lesson learnt there, I guess.

If this was on a FB kirppis or something, you may have a possibility to leave a note in that group about a sale that wasn't what it was supposed to be.. but then again, you did not check the delivered goods when had the chance, so the seller could just say you were satisfied with it because you handed him the money, end of story.
And the group admins are powerless to do anything about it either, except maybe leave the comment/remark about a certain seller in their files, if that.
Joha mie sanoi, vaikken mittää virkkant.

jack2012

Post by jack2012 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Yes, it is true that I should have check it before giving money. I know that guy for sometime and I had hi/hello with him on street casually so I was taking him as friend and it was blind trust. I did not check mattress at all, when we took mattress to room, I given him money and had some small chat and he left. So, I did trust and this all happened.

I am still willing to report it to Police, probably he has done this to many and there are already some reports for him like this! Of course, I do not see gain but still would prefer to report to Police though, any advise?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm

What would you report to the police? That somebody showed you something, you wanted to buy the thing he showed you for the agreed price, and then you don't like it? You'd just be wasting both your time and police's time.. so I recommend that you report it.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

jack2012

Post by jack2012 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:30 am

Just an update, I got it fixed. I contacted Police, there was no official complain. Guy took his stuff and returned me money :)