find friends

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Alets

find friends

Post by Alets » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello

I am a mexican guy and i m looking for Friends in Finland, I Will go to Helsinki for visit and should like to know people there, somabody can help me?

thank you so much

find friends

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Gabe

Re: find friends

Post by Gabe » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi. I've been here for less than 10 days and it's pretty hard to find friends. Plus I'm in a small town. May be you will be more lucky since you will be in the capital city? Who knows? :?:

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:09 am

Think of your interests, be active, seek people who share those interests and venues in which to share those interests, go on from there. "I want a friend" does not mean much at all.

Kössi K

Post by Kössi K » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:40 pm

What he said above ^.

Also... 'less than 10 days' is a very, very short time to evaluate how easy it is to make friends, in most countries.
Whenever I've been living abroad, I wouldn't have even thought of making friends that soon, busy doing other stuff, but that's just my perspective.
Joha mie sanoi, vaikken mittää virkkant.

Gabe

Post by Gabe » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Haha, may be, may be not :wink:
@Alets
Just be positive!

lumenF

Post by lumenF » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Best opportunity in my short experience was with Cafe Lingua in Helsinki. I went there to speak Finnish, but I was quite welcome at the English-speaking table, despite being a native speaker. And they usually also have a Spanish table, if you want to try that.

Especially if you're just visiting, I'd suggest focusing on either just being curious about Finns and asking them about their life or making friends with other people who are just visiting, since they're in the same situation as you.

Joyce88

Post by Joyce88 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:23 pm

You'll definitely have to be a lot more active outside. Especially in your places of interest.

KattyTheKitty

Post by KattyTheKitty » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Isaura Cunhá wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:16 am
This is very difficult becouse I am not young and I dont speak good Finnish no English, and I living in middle Finland. This lonnellinness is difficult. This country is SAD. VERY VARY SAD. People are unpolite.
I have been living in Finland for almost 3 months now and I'm living in a countryside far from city. Finland is not perfect, but I have managed to make friends with other foreigners (because I have Suomi class once a week for free) and I also have some finnish friends (maybe because I have same interests as them and It makes it easier for me to make friends with them and they often visit us on weekend just to play some card board kinda games with us). I used to believe that Finnish were unfriendly and cold, but my experience has been the opposite. They are friendly and interested to know my culture and sometimes, some random finns ask me some random like "where do you come from?" questions while I'm shopping at S-market with my husband!

KattyTheKitty

Post by KattyTheKitty » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:45 am

Isaura Cunhá wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:06 pm
I living in countryside 45km from town.. In small village..district Pohjois Savo..it is hard, but I have internet. thank You very much for answer.
I'm living in countryside about 85km from nearest city. :D It's hard If you don't try to deal with it. :D And remember, It's Finland! :ochesey:

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:47 am

Isaura Cunhá wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:20 am
O bom...
You do understand that this is not the place for your venting, right? Clearly you have issues, as you have stated yourself, get a grip, work on and get over them.

There probably are Portuguese expat forums around, from which you can find kindred spririts with whom to share experiences of longing for your home country. And of course, plenty of forums in Portugal in general, in which you can discuss all things Portuguese, in Portuguese.