Implications on Registering with TE-keskus

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
AB2000

Post by AB2000 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:34 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if somebody could help me? I was recently let-go, and need to find a job. Last date of employment 30.09, i.e. tomorrow.

However, since the beginning of Sep, I have already been seeking jobs. I have ongoing interviews, somewhat progressing.

Could I ask:
  • What happens if I register with TE today?
  • Is there a database where these employers could see me CV as well?
I know that some of the companies also participate in various TE funded programs, and really wouldn't want my profile or my name or SSN (Htu) in there for the current moment - simply put, it weakens any candidates position in the recruitment process.

FYI: Since I have been analytics and AI as well, I could easily tell you this: AI and analytics could also be easily be performed on authentication data, and information from that used for other purposes (GDPR or no GDPR). E.g. from the authentication data from logging into TE-keskus, analytics combined with AI could flag you as unemployed, thereby flagging you as a risk for loans, credit cards etc.

Why am I so worried? Prior the current company, I once forwarded a candidate profile from a company working with the TE-keskus for a developer, and the manager's response was that you would not get any quality from *such* institutions, implying both the developer and the institution were the equivalent of the recently used term by a politician "human waste" or ihmis-roska.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Implications on Registering with TE-keskus

Post by tavastia » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:58 am

You need to register to get any unemployment benefits from Kela or union. What if you don't find a job from this on going interviews? It takes a month or more before TE will make a decision that you are unemployed. Also you need to put your CV in TE, if you don't publish it your they will have no info.

Good luck in finding a new job.

AB2000

Post by AB2000 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:59 am

Hello tavastia,
tavastia wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:58 am
You need to register to get any unemployment benefits from Kela or union.
Sure, I will do that. I just remembered somebody saying that *one has to* register by the first day of unemployment, i.e. tomorrow, or else they lose the benefits. Would you know if that's correct? What if I register on the 5th, by then I will know if the interviews take me somewhere or not! I could not find definitive info about this. A friend of mine, Ian, said that he'd forgotten to re-register or report his time by a day, and then he got penalised that he had to work the next five weeks for minimum support. Did not get more details though.
tavastia wrote:
What if you don't find a job from this on going interviews?

:( That's what I have been worried about. Extremely! Every since I got to know, I have been applying proactively. The worst part is that some of the profiles I applied were a 1-on-1. Same skills, same pieces of software, same frameworks, not even similar, but identical. I really wonder about that.

It takes a month or more before TE will make a decision that you are unemployed. Also you need to put your CV in TE, if you don't publish it your they will have no info.
tavastia wrote:

Good luck in finding a new job.

Thanks a ton! But I must say, every night I shudder thinking what might happen!

PS. Don't know, I just posted the reply... but it did not stick!!! Apologies, if this is a double post.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm

AB2000 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:59 am
Sure, I will do that. I just remembered somebody saying that *one has to* register by the first day of unemployment, i.e. tomorrow, or else they lose the benefits. Would you know if that's correct?
"Register as an unemployed jobseeker no later than on your first day of unemployment:"

http://www.te-palvelut.fi/te/en/jobseek ... index.html

If you don't, you will become eligibly later and get less benefits as a result (the calculation is based on the number of eligible days).