Traffic accident fines are recordable criminal offence?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
d4nni

Post by d4nni » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:22 am

Hello everyone,

Want to tell my story.
Some days ago I had a car accident because of me missing the red light and I got a fine of 16 days for the endangering the traffic. based on chapter 23 section 1 (23:1) of finnish law https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokse ... 890039.pdf

I was not under influence or anything and I controlled the car in time and there was no injuries also insurance will compensate the vehicle damages on both side.

I asked the police officer about the fine and if its a recordable criminal offence and if I should mention it in my next permit application, he kinda laughed at me and said that it's kinda a criminal offence but it's just a traffic accident. but he was not completely sure about migri point of view after all.

Wanted to ask if anyone else had same kind of experience and if I should mention it in my next resident permit application and is it going to effect on my permit situation in future?

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Traffic accident fines are recordable criminal offence?

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:46 pm

d4nni wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:22 am
I asked the police officer about the fine and if its a recordable criminal offence and if I should mention it in my next permit application, he kinda laughed at me and said that it's kinda a criminal offence but it's just a traffic accident. but he was not completely sure about migri point of view after all.

Wanted to ask if anyone else had same kind of experience and if I should mention it in my next resident permit application and is it going to effect on my permit situation in future?
It's not on the level of an offense that would result in a criminal record. However, Migri wording is not solely for offenses in the criminal record. You should disclose the fact. If you, for example, have other offences Migri will take the existing one into account. I find it unlikely that this alone would deem you are danger to public order and safety. If you want certainty, best to ask Migri directly.

nidhal

Post by nidhal » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:24 pm

d4nni wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:22 am
Hello everyone,

Want to tell my story.
Some days ago I had a car accident because of me missing the red light and I got a fine of 16 days for the endangering the traffic. based on chapter 23 section 1 (23:1) of finnish law https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokse ... 890039.pdf

I was not under influence or anything and I controlled the car in time and there was no injuries also insurance will compensate the vehicle damages on both side.

Thanks
Hi,

In 2008 I had similar case but too much over speed😆so they took my driving license away for 6 months , anyway when I applied for the citizenship I didn’t write the insident as it’s not really crime ( I checked that from police ) BUT it stays in ur traffi file for 10 years ( it went away last August ) so in case if u apply for bus driver or any kind of public transportation it will show for the best 10 years

d4nni

Post by d4nni » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks you all for the input :) they didn't take my license, even helped with insurance calls too!

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:21 am

As a sidenote, records are kept of all offenses, even those that are not considered as "criminal record". Those are available to the police and security intelligence service (SUPO), and are reviewed e.g. for security clearances and firearm permits. Probably doesn't apply to residence permit considerations much if at all, but the information is there.

suomynona.yllatot

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:04 pm

I don't think it would, sorry, should affect any future applications.

In such cases, there is also the intent factor that comes into play. In this case, seems to be an accident, rather than a wilful I am going to jump every lights and adopt criminal behaviour, i.e. a pattern of intent and behaviour is also considered, so I don't think it should affect your application.

For a safe posture, you could e.g. also request a copy of poliiisi kertomus, (including the names of the officers that responded to the incident) i.e. tell them what you are worried about and police can write up a summary that describes the accident, your state, including your cooperation with the police etc. and states whether it was of wilful criminal behaviour or an accident.

Just in case, such a statement can also be produced in a court if there are any issues.
Yep, it is! What's the big deal?

suomynona.yllatot

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:07 pm

And another thing... just FYI:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/hels ... s/10489670

Yes, it may help with the traffic safety. I used to work next to Sturenkatu and Teollisuuskatu! Red lights every 40 meters! I haven't seen a plane fly there yet. So, sure, I believe them! :ochesey:

Camera costs 15.000e, monthly fines per camera, let's say 4000e, after 4 months, of course, the city won't make any money! We believe ya!

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:55 pm

suomynona.yllatot wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:07 pm
Camera costs 15.000e, monthly fines per camera, let's say 4000e, after 4 months, of course, the city won't make any money! We believe ya!
You should believe that. All the fines, except the parking ones, goes to the state.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

suomynona.yllatot

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Upphew wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:55 pm
You should believe that. All the fines, except the parking ones, goes to the state.
City! State! Yes, I know there is a difference in the structure, the organic composition [material/ matter] is still the same! :twisted:

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:14 am

Multiple offences like this could have an effect on an application for permanent residence or citizenship as you could be considered danger to public safety.

MeAndmE

Post by MeAndmE » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:52 pm

I mentioned my one speeding ticket and parking tickets while applying for citizenship and was told during the migri interview that they don´t look at such things.

It was a car accident. You can mention it, but I doubt they will even look at it.