Tax as sole trader.

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon May 28, 2007 1:19 pm

Unless you understand the Finnish bookeeping and tax laws and do not have experience in making the ledgers, I'd warmly suggest you do get one. You save a lot of grief having someone do it correct and not how you "think". Then again get a *good* one someone recommends, that'll also tell you what you should do - and not presume you know what you are doing.

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

EP

Post by EP » Mon May 28, 2007 1:23 pm

Does this mean I actually have to get an accountant?
I don´t know, but why on earth you wouldn´t? 13 years ago I went to this "private enterprise" course because the idea of becoming self-employed was frightenig. The first thing I learned was to get an accountant. I did, and she took care of everything, she even invented a name to my company because my own head was empty and everything I myself invented just sounded stupid.

haider254

Post by haider254 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:29 pm

I know the very basics, but I probably wouldn't be comfortable doing my own accounting, but I heard with a small toiminimi there really isn't much accounting to do.

Any ideas how much an accountant would charge for a company with tiny yearly income? I suppose I could use my dad's accountant but according to my dad he's quite expensive...

karel

Post by karel » Mon May 28, 2007 3:21 pm

I do my own accounting, as I have a minor in administration. However, I let my accountant fill in my tax forms with the sheets that I supply him.
He knows exactly what and how much can be deducted.

Until now I've only got money back from taxes, so he's doing a good job :D

I pay 200 ex VAT for him filling in my tax forms.
He does both my private and TMI tax forms. Remember that since you're a TMI, you're personally responsible for everything you do, and thus your TMI tax form (form 5(a)) and your private tax form are closely related!

net_bh

Post by net_bh » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:24 pm

Cyber, This is good stuff! It clarified some of my questions about how taxes are calculated.

Bugged: If you do create an excel sheet, I would be very interested in using it to understand what I am paying the book-keeper/accountant to do.

Thanks.
Image Image
There is no patch for stupidity.

aromazla

Re: Tax as sole trader.

Post by aromazla » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:00 pm

can anyone provide the link to registrate as a solo trader? well any

betelgeuse

Re: Tax as sole trader.

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:56 pm

aromazla wrote:can anyone provide the link to registrate as a solo trader? well any
Next time when posting note that you resurrected a thread from 2007. The information you seek is here:

https://www.ytj.fi/en/index/notificatio ... rader.html