Work with live-statistics on football games in Finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
tahoma

Post by tahoma » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi,

I work for RunningBall Sports Information GmbH, a company based in Austria selling live statistik to bookmakers and news agencys around the world. We're currenctly looking for Finnish guys or "scouts" as we prefer to call them for match reporting. A scout simply attends to the games and sends information such as goals, corners, shots, freekicks, cards and the general flow of the game, using a PDA (QTEK 110) that we obviously provide the scout.

The payment is €55 per game plus the ticket fee and in some cases we also pay travel costs. Obviously we also pay for the data sent through the PDA.

If you frequently attend to any of the following teams' home games and are interested in this easy part-time job, send a brief personal introduction to m.birgander[at]runningball.info (in English or Swedish). You must be at least 18 years old and should have a basic understanding of technical equipment.

Marco

If any moderator feel this post does not belong here, feel free to move it to an appropriate section or in worst case simply delete it.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tahoma

Post by tahoma » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:52 pm

These are the teams we're not covering at the moment:

KooTeePee
MyPa
IFK Mariehamn
AC Oulu
KuPS
TP-47
FC Hämeenlinna
KPV Kokkola
GBK Kokkola

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:54 pm

Marienhamn is in Åland, so I don't think there's not many people living there and posting here, you might wanna try checking the Åland sites, especially since they are all in Swedish.
Get in there...

simon

Post by simon » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:10 am

Check for blogs in Finland and football. there is one english guy who visits many games and writes the details on his blog

tahoma

Post by tahoma » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:34 am

simon wrote:Check for blogs in Finland and football. there is one english guy who visits many games and writes the details on his blog
I know him, he's already working for us on the games in Tampere and Valkeakoski (Haka)! :wink:

steveland

Re: Work with live-statistics on football games in Finland

Post by steveland » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:11 am

Hi there,
I am interested in your scout position as I am moving to Finland,probably Turku,in the very near future.I am originally from Wimbledon,London,England but am living in Cork Ireland presently.My background is in the Arts(Music & Film) & have worked in various Arts Centres in Ireland.I am also a professional musician but I have always been a keen sportsmen,especially soccer.As a teenager I was captain of my high school,my county & when i was 15 I had trials for Fulham & Chelsea.I was unfortunate to get injured at 16 (knee) which I never recovered from,but I still play regularly(at the age of 39) & coach my local team.I am computer literate & see myself enjoying this type of work on a part-time basis.
Please don't hesitate to write/call with any questions.
Yours sincerely,
Kevin Sweeney
tel:00353868832480