June 2008

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
tessque

June 2008

Post by tessque » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:24 pm

hello everybody,

I know it is still a long time, but I am staying in Finland for 9 months, that will come to an end in the beginning of June...

This means that I will miss out on one season, namely summer! I think it is quite a pity to miss out on this, I am sure you all agree with me on that.

What is my question? I am looking for a way to stay in Finland a little while longer, maybe till the beginning of June...
I was thinking of doing some voluntary work or maybe join a scouting camp or something like that...

Who has an idea?

Thanks

June 2008

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

raamv

Post by raamv » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:24 pm

which planet are you from?
On what basis did you come here in the first place? and on what basis do you have to leave?
unlike other people in this forum, I am not a mind reader..

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:27 pm

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

tessque

Post by tessque » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:41 am

raamv wrote:which planet are you from?
On what basis did you come here in the first place? and on what basis do you have to leave?
unlike other people in this forum, I am not a mind reader..

I am sorry, it is indeed a little bit unclear.
I am from Belgium and doing voluntary work here. My project will end in the beginning of June, so I would have to go home then... I hope this answers your questions :)

blaugrau

Post by blaugrau » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:00 am

but you're EU, so no-one cares how long you stay here as a tourist on top of your current stay. Are you an exchange-student or working at the moment?

you could participate in voluntary work camps in the summer, for example those organised by the SCI (Service Civil International): http://www.sciint.org

You'd have to apply for them via your Belgian branch though, and the camp list for summer 2008 usually gets published only in spring (end of March/April).