Job and own company (Oy)?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
riku_pager

Post by riku_pager » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi all,

My friends (Finns) and I are planning to open a software firm in Finland, however, both of us are working full-time & permanently in a big IT company in Finland. Anyone knows if we open the software firm, is it legal? I mean, will this cause some problem or conflict with our job itself?

Anyway, we do not produce anything competitive with my employer.

Anyone knows the answer? Thanks! :D

Regards
Riku_Pager

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

riku_pager

Post by riku_pager » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:31 pm

Nobody knows the answer? Please help, thanks! :D

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:46 pm

First all of, get a waiver or a certificate of no objection from your employer that you own/work Part Time for a software company that is not in conflict with your employer's interest.
Generally, this is done talking to your immediate manager or their's or their's.
If you dont intend to produce anything conflicting to your empoyer's then you should not worry.
If you work otherwise, you go directly against your Full time work policy.
Once each of you get a letter of no objection, then start to register an OY or Tmi whichever suits you..and let your emplyer know what the name of this company is.

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:04 pm

first thing to do is check the job contracts. many of the bigger companies put in a clause in the contract stating that without express prior consent of the employer, the employee is not allowed to set up a company competing on the same field as the employer. if the new company is not competing on the same field, then they should get a written permission from the employer stating that the new company is allowed to be set up on their behalf. this is to avoid any legal problems in the future.
Get in there...