Swahili Lessons

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.

Swahili Lessons

Post by 0007 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:07 pm

Hello,
Does anyone want to learn swahili?
I am free and native swahili speaker,and i could offer swahili classes to anyone interested.
PM me for details.

Swahili Lessons

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

RA

Re: Swahili Lessons

Post by RA » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Hata kwamba unaweza kusema Kiswahili unaweza kuisomisha?
saving chimpanzees is a big hairy deal

shrecher

Post by shrecher » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:30 pm

I think it is good idea, for people willing to teach such odd languages to join in sort school. I mean languages like Swahili, Chinese, African, Arabic, etc. First, what you should do it is to find similar people in Finland. Exchange with contacts. Next, you should make web portal. Describe your facilities, available skills and languages to teach. Then advertise it around. Perhaps, Finnish state will be willing to invest in it. Everything is very doable, but it will take certain effort.

RA

Post by RA » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Now pray do tell, what language is African ? :roll:
'Odd' languages that are spoken by populations how many times larger than the population of Finland? :roll:

Being a native speaker of a language doesn't necessarily mean you can teach it :wink: (This what I asked the original poster, you can speak it but can you teach it?)

If you check your local kansalaisopisto, a number of these 'odd' languages area actually taught. I would suggest to any one who thinks they can teach, to contact their local kansalaisopisto and let them know about their availability to offer their services, since they're usually on the look out for exotic language courses to offer. Chinese and Japanese courses at the moment tend to be really popular. Arabic as far as I know is also offered in quite many places and Kiswahili has been offered now and then in different places. You might want to ask the kansalaisopisto if they have had any demand or queries about offering the language course you want to teach. Now offering to practice a certain language with someone who aspires to learn it, is a whole different story, and you'd do well to advertise your service on the message boards of the kansalaisopisto and if you're in a town with a university, perhaps on the message boards of the university and also churches ....there are always missionaries on the move to places where they speak the so-called odd languages (I really have a problem with this term!).

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:48 pm

RA wrote:Now pray do tell, what language is African ? :roll:
Ek wet 'n taal ;)
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

RA

Post by RA » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:13 pm

ou, African dutch :D

raamv

Post by raamv » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:45 am

RA wrote:ou, African dutch :D
so wots da differnece between Afrikaans n African Dutch?? :evil: :wink:

RA

Post by RA » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:15 pm

None, I was just confirming what Hank suggested. Tho' the poster said African, not Afrikaans. The latter is a language, the former isn't.