computer help needed

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
cedric

computer help needed

Post by cedric » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Hello, i would need to move a PHP - MySQL based website from my own server into a web hostel ( i am thinking of IX Web Hosting). my website is http://www.Galbe.Com, if you have any idea on how to do that, please get in contact with me so we can discuss your fee. (my website has my contact address)

computer help needed

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ciprian

Re: computer help needed

Post by Ciprian » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:35 am

well, it can get pretty messy if you don't have shell account on IX smth,smth (which I guess you don't)

messy* = if you have installed custom PHP modules, etc or you have to change a lot of file permissions

I would recommend you DreamHost (.com), use code AFRIENDPAYS50USD when you register (guess what it does? I already explained it in the other thread you started about static IP address :D)

DH has shell account, so you'll be able to rsync your files pretty easily from your current location (home)

(I'll try to get in contact with you... soon... when I'll have some spare time ;))
Editio princeps.

hackoff

Post by hackoff » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:13 am

hi ,

you can copy all the files you have ( php , images and so on .... ) and then you go to your mysql database and there is an option to back up all your database into a file Text ( SQL statement based text ) that i will name backUp.txt
when you moved to your new hosting service move your files there , go to you Mysql ( i think it will be phpMyAdmin ) and then create a data base , then open you backUp.txt copy its content , paste in Sql Executer Panel , and then you will have all your database moved there

Need More clarification , i am Here , It cost 0 €u :)

Cheers
yacine.

cedric

Post by cedric » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:14 am

Thanks guys, please get in contact with me thru my email cedric(at)galbe.com, i would definatly need somebody that could do all what you described for me as i am a one person operation and more of a photographer than a IT person :D
I would be happy to pay for the service as long as the price is reasonnable...