jobs for recent graduates, entry jobs- where to look for?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
_Traveller

Post by _Traveller » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Good afternoon to everyone!
I'm a student and graduating in June 08. Now I'm looking for job in Finland and got in touch with employers and agencies, but did'n find a place that specializes in entry level jobs, jobs for recent graduates or internships.
Could you advice the most suitable place to find entry level jobs, jobs for recent graduates or internships?

Thank you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Karhunkoski

Re: jobs for recent graduates, entry jobs- where to look for?

Post by Karhunkoski » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Rewind.

Try starting with the basics.....what have you studied? Gardening? Economics? PE?
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

_Traveller

Post by _Traveller » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm studying Telecommunications and Radio Engineering and have over 1 year job experience in these areas.
I repeat that I don't ask you to look for the job instead of me, I can do it myself, and I'm doing it. I'm scanning job offers and sending my CV.
I just want to know if there is a place where I could find jobs for recent graduates, entry jobs, internships?

shrecher

Post by shrecher » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:51 pm

_Traveller wrote:I'm studying Telecommunications and Radio Engineering and have over 1 year job experience in these areas.
I repeat that I don't ask you to look for the job instead of me, I can do it myself, and I'm doing it. I'm scanning job offers and sending my CV.
I just want to know if there is a place where I could find jobs for recent graduates, entry jobs, internships?

entry level jobs have highest unemployment at Finland about 24%.

_Traveller

Post by _Traveller » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:50 am

I think that didn't understand you properly: do you mean that it's more difficult to find entry level job in Finland then in another country?

shrecher

Post by shrecher » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:54 am

_Traveller wrote:I think that didn't understand you properly: do you mean that it's more difficult to find entry level job in Finland then in another country?
Sure. The simplest would be get the first job in your home country, where you speak local language, know traditions, culture, etc. As far as I know in many countries it common to have internship among of permanent staff. Here, it is also possible, however, less frequent as companies have no tax relief if they hire interns. Any fresh-grad is an investment with big risk. The company should invest at least 12 salaries, if average salary is about 2000+35% tax + bonus holiday pay + equipment, it will be €40+K. Such investment is possible only for large companies. After 4 months of trial period is over, it becomes very difficult to "say good bye" if something goes not as expected with this person. In other countries, hiring interns is easer as less press for salary, easier to control headcount.