Multilingual jobs?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
maya

Multilingual jobs?

Post by maya » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Hola! I am from Barcelona and will be in Helsinki next week to do the first steps to move there in short with my 5 years old daughter.
I speak and write Spanish, Catalan, English ( I studied in San Francisco ) and Italian . I have a good CV, have also worked abroad and
in different types of companies . I need some help please, as have lots of information but haven't been able to know where to look
for multilingual jobs, don't mind the fields as I also can teach but as you all speak english ( not like in Spain, I mean to really understand and speak ;)
) , maybe if it's education, would be better to go for Spanish or ... Catalan ( who Knows , the thing is that if anybody want to study here: need
Catalan, exam included for hogh school andn University) . Anyway, Heeeeeeeelp, please . GRACIAS!
I also would like to open a winery and montaditos ( slice of bread with lots of food on top ;) ) and paella delivery , but of course need money
to start it , is anybody interested? :) , do you think I can have money resources? how?
Well, I think it's enough, as it's my first message , but you know spanish speak a lot ... , thanks

Multilingual jobs?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Re: Multilingual jobs?

Post by Hank W. » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:02 pm

This "multilingual" in Finland means Finnish & Swedish... ;) Depends what is your core knowledge if anybody in that line of business has a need for someone who communicates with outer space aliens fluently but doesn't speak human languages...
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

maya

Post by maya » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:17 pm

Gracias! Now, I understand why so many checkings and no replies! ;)
I am gonna change the tittle :what about ? Barcelona-Helsinki, 4 languages and paella cooking
what do you think ?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Well, what do you think? Thinking Finnish helps a little...
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:21 pm

maya wrote: paella
Be prepared to make a local version with pineapple bits, frozen imported mussels, tinned squid and Lidl chorizo. :wink:

I'm sure you will be able to find work teaching Spanish, but maybe not enough to pay the rent. That's the problem.

maya

Post by maya » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:28 pm

Spain is need of Finn entertainers, amazing! Or have Spain lost their entertaning way ? ;) Maybe, the Euro, does not help ...
I am still browsing the Finn issue . Thanks a lot . Even haven't got into the language I manage to click and got into english websites!
When going there what I want is to learn Finnish and working, I know there is an integration programm...

maya

Post by maya » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:04 pm

paella and penelope,

you make me laught! The good think is that I can avoid Lidl chorizo, this was really smething to laught about! :) , as real paella
doesn not include chorizo! :) , unless there is squid, when doing this in Mexico, not only there was not squid , the thing is there
was no way to explain what squid was, so I change it for crabs, there was not the same but ..., but they were not our tiny crabs,
those are big, and at my first bite , craig, craig, craig, one of my front teeth move! I was 32, stil moving but didn't fall down...

There is abeautiful song called penelope in Spain, in fact, Penelope Cruz was name named liked because this song.

Thanks for telling me I can teach spanish, maybe doing this and getting into the integration programm I will make it ...

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:20 pm

maya wrote:paella and penelope,

as real paella doesn not include chorizo! :)
shame... I love chorizo. I guess you can use extra pineapple in Finland instead.
We have good dentists here, you can get your tooth fixed for free, but remember your European Health card - it is useful until you find a job and get KELA.

May I ask a cooking question? Which kind of rice do you recommend for making the best paella? The worst paella I have ever eaten was in Barcelona three? years ago. I was sooooo sick I had to sit and watch football in the hotel room for 3 days, never made it to the Miró museum :evil: My kids all ate pizza, which made me laugh at the time, but they got the last laugh. Anyway, I still love paella, with chorizo.

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:48 pm

maya wrote:paella and penelope,

you make me laught! The good think is that I can avoid Lidl chorizo, this was really smething to laught about! :) , as real paella
doesn not include chorizo! :) , unless there is squid, when doing this in Mexico, not only there was not squid , the thing is there
was no way to explain what squid was, so I change it for crabs, there was not the same but ..., but they were not our tiny crabs,
those are big, and at my first bite , craig, craig, craig, one of my front teeth move! I was 32, stil moving but didn't fall down...

There is abeautiful song called penelope in Spain, in fact, Penelope Cruz was name named liked because this song.

Thanks for telling me I can teach spanish, maybe doing this and getting into the integration programm I will make it ...
The Finnish Paella consists of the baltic salmom, White fish, baltic shrimps, Thai rice and a lot of Finnish spice called bland.
Of course you can add LIDL chorizo to substitute the chicken and the tequilla can be substituted with a shot of vodka..
I think that any good paella is a teeth worth losing for eh!! :wink: