looking for job (HEL);house-keeping,cleaning,baby sitting..

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
iravi

Post by iravi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:52 pm

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&sorry booked now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by iravi on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

r32

Re: looking for job; house-keeping,cleaning,washing in helsinki

Post by r32 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:10 am

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:19 am

iravi wrote:and have done salmonilla test which is positive result.
Yes well no wonder you don't get a job. You're supposed to test negative.... that you do not have it.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:00 am

Hank W. wrote:
Yes well no wonder you don't get a job. You're supposed to test negative.... that you do not have it.
:beamer: :beamer:

That is what you should be Hank (no thinking tank)

This person (sorry do not know if lady or man) wants to do the work that the fins do not want to do and you are making fun of him/her. What would you rather have here; romanian beggers, criminal parasites or people who are studying and working to improve themselves (and help this society)?

Stupid remark Hank.

To the person from Nepal: I and many other people whish you good luck with finding a good job. Be careful that you are not abused (moneywise etc.) With this info I would hire you if I had a job.

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:14 am

It doesn't change the fact that in any work where salmonella is tested, you have to test negative.

No excuses.

If he indeed is positive in test, he should be concerning himself on getting treatment to it. Being salmonella negative is often beneficial as it leaves more options open.

r32

Post by r32 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Rick1 wrote:
Hank W. wrote:
What would you rather have here; romanian beggers
It's better if you think also a bit before you say something incorect....those romanian beggers which you are so angry about are gypsies coming from Romania. Please stop treating everybody with the same attitude because most romanians which are in Finland are honest people who have a decent living, working for finnish companies and most of them are well educated people.

If you tell Hank that his remark is stupid then I will tell you the same thing about your remark with the "romanian beggars". Don't judge everybody from the media's point of view! I am romanian, my girlfriend is romanian, my best friend is romanian and we are all living in Finland, working, studying, NOT BEGGING!.

Normaly I wouldn't get into these kind of conversations, but YOU and OTHERS should stop blaming the whole country with 22 milion people for the mistakes of couple of hundred or thousand people.

Thanks!
Last edited by r32 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Rick1 wrote:
Rick1 wrote: With this info I would hire you if I had a job.
You hire people with a positive salmonella test? And call me stupid? :roll:
Cheers, Hank W.

Hee

Post by Hee » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:37 pm

iravi wrote:
I also have occupational safety card and have done salmonilla test which is positive result.
I read this as: 'positive result' meaning 'a good result' which would mean 'negative'.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:06 pm

So if you go to an AIDS test and get a HIV-positive result? Problem is this is again a "foreign way of thinking" because in Finnish the testitulos on negatiivinen. So yes, *I* know that is probably what the person meant - however it is irrelevant what "I think" or "foreigners think" - as we are in Finland it is most probably what "Finns think" how any terminology gets interpreted, as there is no such thing as "think positive" as an original concept - its a loan. So I would not make a claim that a prospective (Finnish) employer could interprete the wrong way, knowing the scare they have reading "positive salmonella test"...
Last edited by Hank W. on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Hank W.

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:46 pm

What would you rather have here; romanian beggers[/quote]

It's better if you think also a bit before you say something incorect....those romanian beggers which you are so angry about are gypsies coming from Romania. Please stop treating everybody with the same attitude because most romanians which are in Finland are honest people who have a decent living, working for finnish companies and most of them are well educated people.

If you tell Hank that his remark is stupid then I will tell you the same thing about your remark with the "romanian beggars". Don't judge everybody from the media's point of view! I am romanian, my girlfriend is romanian, my best friend is romanian and we are all living in Finland, working, studying, NOT BEGGING!.

Normaly I wouldn't get into these kind of conversations, but YOU and OTHERS should stop blaming the whole country with 22 milion people for the mistakes of couple of hundred or thousand people.

Thanks![/quote]

R32 Sorry if you feel insulted because I mentioned romanian, I should have said beggers but at the moment the majority is from Romania. I know it is a very big country and it is certainly good if you (and other Romanians) keep the name up :thumbsup:
I am not angry to them because where I lived we got used to them and other nationalities which begged(I wouild rather see them work but know that that is not always easy, some might go in acting anyway :wink: . Otherwise if I would be part of a country and there are mentioned some negative things about it, I would know that it does not all concern me. You can be angry whole day about this :)

I still have to say that if Iravi might have some problems with eggs :) (which a person who can read between the lines would doubt, very difficult for some persons:| ) it does not mean that he or she is not able to clean or other non-food issues. As Iravi said, he or she has worked already last year.

r32

Post by r32 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:15 pm

Rick1 wrote:What would you rather have here; romanian beggers

Thanks![/quote]

R32 Sorry if you feel insulted because I mentioned romanian, I should have said beggers but at the moment the majority is from Romania. I know it is a very big country and it is certainly good if you (and other Romanians) keep the name up :thumbsup:
I am not angry to them because where I lived we got used to them and other nationalities which begged(I wouild rather see them work but know that that is not always easy, some might go in acting anyway :wink: . Otherwise if I would be part of a country and there are mentioned some negative things about it, I would know that it does not all concern me. You can be angry whole day about this :)

I still have to say that if Iravi might have some problems with eggs :) (which a person who can read between the lines would doubt, very difficult for some persons:| ) it does not mean that he or she is not able to clean or other non-food issues. As Iravi said, he or she has worked already last year.[/quote]

No problem, I am just trying to get things straight because a lot of people don't make the difference. I don't like that gypsies from Romania are begging on the streets of Helsinki and other cities from Finland, because they influence our image a lot, and to be honest I would like this phenomenon to stop as much as all finns would.

Hee

Post by Hee » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:48 am

Hank W. wrote:So if you go to an AIDS test and get a HIV-positive result? Problem is this is again a "foreign way of thinking" because in Finnish the testitulos on negatiivinen. So yes, *I* know that is probably what the person meant - however it is irrelevant what "I think" or "foreigners think" - as we are in Finland it is most probably what "Finns think" how any terminology gets interpreted, as there is no such thing as "think positive" as an original concept - its a loan. So I would not make a claim that a prospective (Finnish) employer could interprete the wrong way, knowing the scare they have reading "positive salmonella test"...
Although their English is incorrect and a 'positive result' would mean something bad I think that by applying a little logic the correct meaning should become clear probably even to a Finn. This is not about a 'foreign way of thinking' this is about someone who does not know how to use English correctly and is putting words together without realising they have conjured up a whole new meaning (to both native English speakers and Finns) in this particular context. The difference is that most native English speakers should be able to figure it out. Would Finns as non-native speakers figure it out? I cannot know for certain so your points are perfectly valid.

rinso

Re: looking for job;house-keeping,cleaning,baby sitting

Post by rinso » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:26 am

"salmonalla = positive" is indeed a weird statement.
If he is the only applicant, it is easy to ask and figure out what is really meant.
If there are more applicants, it is even more convenient to pick someone who has it right the first time.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:54 am

Hee wrote:The difference is that most native English speakers should be able to figure it out.
And the probability of the employer being a "native English speaker"?
Hee wrote: Would Finns as non-native speakers figure it out?
Maybe, or maybe not, but if you are the one wanting the job, do you want to play the lotto?
Hee wrote:I cannot know for certain so your points are perfectly valid.
Well, I don't know for certain anything, but I know if you want to win you get better odds if you eliminate the worst scenarios.
Cheers, Hank W.