domestic help

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
batya pansky

domestic help

Post by batya pansky » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Hi All
We live in Espoo and looking for some cleaning help at home. roughly 4 hours on a weekly basis.
any ideas?
Thanks,
Betty

domestic help

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

onkko

Re: domestic help

Post by onkko » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:48 pm

My idea would be DO YOUR JOB WOMAN!
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

EP

Post by EP » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:54 pm

Are you for real? Or is that a joke?

Betty, put an ad to some store´s announcement board. Or several stores.

I used to have a good one but she moved to north.

You can also check the yellow pages, there are six pages of cleaning companies/persons. Home cleaning is "kotisiivoukset".

elliotonio

Post by elliotonio » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:02 pm

Or, I could do it! I'm an American, 22, living in Helsinki and in need of extra money. If u haven't already found help e-mail me: [email protected]

onkko

Post by onkko » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:08 pm

EP wrote:
Are you for real? Or is that a joke?

Betty, put an ad to some store´s announcement board. Or several stores.

I used to have a good one but she moved to north.

You can also check the yellow pages, there are six pages of cleaning companies/persons. Home cleaning is "kotisiivoukset".
Joke i assume, i dont recall that i wrote that (i know booze isnt excuse) :)
EP gave good instructions and im sorry if i offended. I have seen too many lazy people so i do judge too hastly and im grumpy, thats something im not sorry.
I dont know reasons back of why she needs help in home but i grew in home with 6 childs and both parents working and no help whatsoever and seen mothers who cant manage with one child and maintaining house.. One of those even said they should do timetable for chores, when i asked where in timetable is time spend in work that was something "unbelieviable". And before youre in it i know what it is being with child, i were 11 when my youngest brother born and i lived with my uncle who had 2 girls (1 and 3 year old) when i were about 20. And yes i did my share of childcare and no its not a full time work.
Now i will get horde of womans attacking me but i still believe you can take care of childs and house same time :twisted:
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

EP

Post by EP » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:11 pm

i still believe you can take care of childs and house same time
Of course you can. But for example I used to work 70 hours a week for years. That left no time or energy for cleaning. And I charged per hour, and my hourly charge was double compared to the cleaner´s hourly charge. So it didn´t make much sense to clean myself. Don´t judge people when you don´t know circumstances.

Kupcake

Post by Kupcake » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:19 pm

EP wrote:
i still believe you can take care of childs and house same time
Of course you can. But for example I used to work 70 hours a week for years. That left no time or energy for cleaning. And I charged per hour, and my hourly charge was double compared to the cleaner´s hourly charge. So it didn´t make much sense to clean myself. Don´t judge people when you don´t know circumstances.
I agree with you EP. Of course you can take care of the house and the kids and do your paid work without outside help. I did it for 5 years and only worked 40 hours a week with three kids (you truly are superwoman for doing 70 hours!!) with no help, but i was a train wreck by the weekend, when there was still sport activities to take the kids to. I don't recommend it to anybody.

If you can afford the help i think it improves the quality of your family life.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

EP

Post by EP » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:40 pm

you truly are superwoman for doing 70 hours!!
No, I am not. My children are already adults, so no cooking and story telling and playing. Husband is a big boy and can take care of himself. And I was a workaholic. A freelancer easily turns into one particularly if work is the type that you would do even if nobody payed. Mine is such. Nowadays I am lazy and do only what is necessary to get some money. And now I even have time to clean myself. But if I had not had a cleaner 5-15 years ago we would have drowned in sh*t because also husband worked over 50 hours.

AndyMac

Post by AndyMac » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:55 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if you had decided what you were going to do about some help for cleaning your house? I am a student from Scotland who is over in Helsinki for a while and am looking for employment thus I would be very interested in doing it!

Please let me know what you think, my email address is [email protected]