Network administators in Finland (Helsinki, Lahti)

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Kjarri.Ho

Post by Kjarri.Ho » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:13 pm

Hi everyone,
I just recently moved to Finland with my girlfriend and I'm currently looking for work in Lahti or Helsinki. Back home I used to work as a network administrator for an ISP.
What I would like to know if finding work for a network administrator (on the CCNA/CCNP level) around Helsinki or Lahti? Does anyone have any experience with this or possibly knows of a company looking for network administrators?

Oh, and I have some experience programming (not professionally though), is there any chance for an uneducated programmer to get work in Finland?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Re: Network administators in Finland (Helsinki, Lahti)

Post by Pursuivant » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:26 am

depends on what language you programme in... J2EE and .net or C++ are the cue words if you go look in www.monster.fi
as are your cisco derouting certs...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Kjarri.Ho

Post by Kjarri.Ho » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:41 am

Pursuivant wrote:depends on what language you programme in... J2EE and .net or C++ are the cue words if you go look in http://www.monster.fi
as are your cisco derouting certs...
Thanks for the reply.
I've been looking at the Monster site for some time now and I've noticed that they're looking for the programmers there, but I haven't seen any network administrating jobs there. It made me wonder if it was similar as in Iceland, where you really really need to know someone to get in the networking business.
I forgot to state the languages I programme in, those are mostly VB (haven't done it for quite some time though) and PHP.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:14 am

Kjarri.Ho wrote:[It made me wonder if it was similar as in Iceland, where you really really need to know someone to get in the networking business.
ag, a third one of you people around, is the hákarl all depleted? yes well, it helps to find a job is to know someone who knows someone...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Kjarri.Ho

Post by Kjarri.Ho » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:49 am

Pursuivant wrote: ag, a third one of you people around, is the hákarl all depleted? yes well, it helps to find a job is to know someone who knows someone...
Hehe, not quite.. I could have some sent over for you if you like :)