HOK/SOK job vacancy fair on Friday

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
sinikettu

Post by sinikettu » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:46 am

This Friday at Sokos Hotel Presidenti , starts at 10 am until 5 pm.
My guess is that they are looking for staff for their new hotel that opens next month.
The Flamingo next door to Jumbo.

http://www.sokoshotels.fi/SokotelWeb/So ... =653765214

A 300 bed hotel..plus.... the complex includes multifaceted spa treatment facilities and a water park, wellness services, bowling alleys, cinemas and a world of restaurants. It will open in September.

Although Flamingo is needing most staff, SOK/HOK have other vacancies.
e.g. In Espoo, the larger/renovated Tapiola Garden Hotel re-opens in December and HOK also have many shops and their own bank.

People do not become more irritable as they grow old - they simply stop making the effort to avoid annoying others.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Re: HOK/SOK job vacancy fair on Friday

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:59 am

There is a big article about the Flamingo in today's Helsingin Sanomat. Huge place. I had never heard of it until I saw the photos in today's paper. Gold baths?

richard berman

Post by richard berman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:36 am

Yes and they are going to have a Hop Stop/Hop lop great for kids, a night club, mini golf, cinema, spa,30 more shops. Bonny M and Village people on stage in September , Spoke to my wife and she said the tickets are going to be from 30€ to 40€.
Web hosting from 8€ a month http://www.Oxterweb.net

Mölkky-Fan

Post by Mölkky-Fan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Surely them only paying us 30-40 Euros is not enough to make us watch Boney M and Village People.

I am just waiting for the end of the honeymoon period and then we will see whether Finns really want to splash out (pun intended) what is left after tax on this type of place.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

EP

Post by EP » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:23 pm

Gold baths?
Sounds tacky.

I don´t understand all these huge shopping mall/entertainment center plans. They seem to be all over. Where do they think the clients come from? Someone will suffer, there just isn´t enough client base.

But the job fair sounds good.
Last edited by EP on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EP

Post by EP » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:38 pm

OK, I just checked HS. It doesn´t only sound tacky, it looks incredibly tacky. Who the hell has the interior decorator been? Maya temples? Please, no.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:01 pm

EP wrote:OK, I just checked HS. It doesn´t only sound tacky, it looks incredibly tacky. Who the hell has the interior decorator been? Maya temples? Please, no.
:lol:
Probably the same guy who designed the interior of the Carnival boats. I did a few tours of those ships before they set sail and they were the ultimate in tack: ceilings that would be better suited to the Vatican city, a very large plaster statue of David with removable fig leaf, neon butterflies and lots of mosaic and thick thick carpets (must be a bugger to clean in rough seas) and OTT upholstery throughout.

richard berman

Post by richard berman » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:11 pm

I have been told (No names) that when you book the hotel room you do not even get the use of the sauna or swimming, like in most Sokos hotels, when you book a room and stay the night you get the sauna and swimming for incl. People I know that have been inside the new hotel tell me that every where you turn you have to pay out even more cash.
Web hosting from 8€ a month http://www.Oxterweb.net

sinikettu

Post by sinikettu » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:32 pm

I am told..(on good authority :wink: ) that the gold bath tubs are only in a few rooms, my informant also agree that they are "karmea".
She and her boss were taken on a tour to check out some ideas to add to their beloved Tapiola Garden by the project manager. She told the project manager that he should put more water in his kossu...and no- way did she want the same ugly gold things in their hotel. However, they gave the thumbs up to the Japenese style jacuzzi bubble bath for the sauna suite.
Need a bigger one than this for a football team though... :lol:
http://gallery.eclipse.co.il/d/51375-2/ ... ople_4.jpg
People do not become more irritable as they grow old - they simply stop making the effort to avoid annoying others.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:53 pm

EP wrote:
Gold baths?
Sounds tacky.
I don´t understand all these huge shopping mall/entertainment center plans. They seem to be all over. Where do they think the clients come from?
siperian lakeus on aava, siellä sonja lunta lapioi... St.Petersburg has about 6 million people and gold baths sounds just like the rubillionaire style...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

EP

Post by EP » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:59 pm

siperian lakeus on aava, siellä sonja lunta lapioi.
No, it goes like this:

Siperian lakeus on suuri,
Sonja siellä lunta lapioi.
Sonjalla on hiton huono tuuri,
kun tuuli aina uutta lunta toi.

But now I see. It must be for Russians. They have a little different decoration taste and demands.

onkko

Post by onkko » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:02 pm

EP wrote:
siperian lakeus on aava, siellä sonja lunta lapioi.
No, it goes like this:

Siperian lakeus on suuri,
Sonja siellä lunta lapioi.
Sonjalla on hiton huono tuuri,
kun tuuli aina uutta lunta toi.

But now I see. It must be for Russians. They have a little different decoration taste and demands.
siperian lakeus on laava
Lapioiaan sitte
ei tule tästäkään haikua
perkele

modern poetry ;)
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

sinikettu

Post by sinikettu » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Pursuivant wrote: St.Petersburg has about 6 million people and gold baths sounds just like the rubillionaire style...
Nail on head hit...
Staff so far appointed have already started Russian language courses, and while they wait for the hotel to open they have been working in Sokos St Petersburg.

onkko

Post by onkko » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:12 pm

sinikettu wrote:
Pursuivant wrote: St.Petersburg has about 6 million people and gold baths sounds just like the rubillionaire style...
Nail on head hit...
Staff so far appointed have already started Russian language courses, and while they wait for the hotel to open they have been working in Sokos St Petersburg.
I think my "rukiveer", "tavarits" and "stoi" wont be enough ;(
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

sinikettu

Post by sinikettu » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Just been looking at the Hotel floor plan in the Hesa.
There is a tube walk way direct from the 3rd floor of the hotel into Jumbo shopping centre.
One entering Jumbo you (Boris and Ludmila) will find.. first on your right a SOK owned coffee shop,...
on your left a S Bank..facing you a lift that takes you down to Prisma....also SOK owned...
English Russian
welcome добро пожаловать