Finally my search is over...

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
kghp2006

Post by kghp2006 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:12 pm

...I got a job!!!! After 9 weeks of applying for countless amounts of positions, I finally got one :) and get this...I didnt even apply for it. This brings me to my point which is, its not what you know, its who you know. My CV is awesome, my personality unparalled, my ability to get a job interview in Finland....non existent. Just as I had given up on getting a job before Christmas, one just landed on my lap. Last Sunday my GF's father told me about a position available and I went down the next day (with his reccommendation) and booooooom....got the job. Ok, my area of expertise is sales and the job i now have is service and maintance but you know what they say...beggers cant be choosers. Needlessless to say I'm over the moon and I wish everybody the best of luck over the Christmas period. Those of you who have a job...keep up the good work....those who dont....patience..all good things come to those who wait :)

Moi Moi
KG

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Karhunkoski

Re: Finally my search is over...

Post by Karhunkoski » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:27 am

congratulations!

Always nice to hear a success story!
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:31 am

Karhunkoski wrote:congratulations!

Always nice to hear a success story!
Idem
kghp2006 wrote:its not what you know, its who you know. My CV is awesome, my personality unparalled, my ability to get a job interview in Finland....non existent.
And it is nice to get our standard opinion confirmed.

Mattlill2000

Post by Mattlill2000 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:07 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Facebook-Matti Lilleberg
www.myspace.com/fineoldfartsforever