20 year old girl looking for work in Helsinki

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
fionaforrester

Post by fionaforrester » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:31 pm

I am from the UK with English therefore being my mother tongue. My knowledge of Finnish is quite basic however I am taking steps to improve this. I have lived in a few different countries including; South Africa, Scotland, Azerbaijan, Australia and I have enjoyed experiencing the different cultures. Now I'm planning on staying and living in Finland with my boyfriend.

I have experience in child care, cleaning accommodation, waitressing, working in an office environment, as well as working on fruit farms, so I would be up for anything as I am a very open minded person. I have been looking for work for some time now in Finland and so would be interested in any job opportunity you have for me.

I would be available immediately and would be able to work on any day of the week, be it a full time or part time job.

I can be contacted via this forum or at [email protected] to discuss any job opportunities.

I will be happy to hear from you,
Thanks

Fiona

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnBrit

Re: 20 year old girl looking for work in Helsinki

Post by FinnBrit » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:34 am

Without meaning to be pessimistic, I don't think experience on fruit farms is going to help much when it's snowing outside.
The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

fionaforrester

Post by fionaforrester » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:02 am

It was simply to show diversity, I thought that was pretty clear...

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:13 am

20 years old and "diversity" in work experience.

For an employer that means:
No solid work experience in any of those field.
And only basic Finnish, hmmm, lets take someone else.

FinnBrit

Post by FinnBrit » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:29 am

fionaforrester wrote:It was simply to show diversity, I thought that was pretty clear...
I know and I apologise. I was feeling particularly unhelpful when I wrote that and there wasn't the need. Sorry! I hope you find employment soon!
The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:04 am

rinso wrote:20 years old and "diversity" in work experience.

For an employer that means:
No solid work experience in any of those field.
That CV needs a rewrite. The employers aren't open minded and don't much care for "diversity" - they want a stable WASP with a degree. Though with the child-minding experience theres usually every now and then a couple jobs with the mustard engines. Looks though a bit IT-engineering oriented as usual... sheesh, "Salon The Wision" needs a proofreader, not hairdresser...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."