Any Flying Jobs in Finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
pres589

Re: Any Flying Jobs in Finland

Post by pres589 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:42 pm

mrjimsfc wrote:The only corporate jets in Finland are there by mistake.
There's a medical air taxi service operating in Finland, I can't remember the name right now, but I actually did the work to pull their order together as far as avionics in the aircraft. They had the thing painted in a really pretty shade of dark green that showed finger prints like they were going out of style. The aircraft we sold them was mostly normal on the inside although there were electrical provisions for a medical crash cart (heart starting defib paddles, that sort of thing) inside as well.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Pursuivant wrote:Ryanair's planning to charge for using the bog. Now it'll really become a tightarses' airline.
Next step will be bringing your own oxygen bottle and get a refill at advance payment :evil: Finnish Government will than be giving free tickets to the people above 65 in order to cut healthcare costs :( . Only for non-private.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:08 pm

pres589 wrote: I'm not planning on moving to Finland any time soon, but as a currently practicing avionics engineer (with practically zero ability to communicate in Finnish) I'd be curious to hear what you ended up doing, especially with that last bit about your English being a prized skill.
Documentation Engineer for a large international company. I mess about with medical equipment and then write technical manuals for the equipment (how to use it, install it, service it etc..)

They wanted someone with a technical background with perfect written English skills. Seems I fitted the bill (forgot to mention I failed my O level in English)! :ochesey:

If they need you for your English then the large companies are usually not that bothered if you can speak Finnish or not..

pres589

Post by pres589 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:15 am

SteveS wrote:
If they need you for your English then the large companies are usually not that bothered if you can speak Finnish or not..
Sounds like my kind of party, now to just find this sort of work, and in a part of the country I want to deal with. Simple! How long have you been at this sort of thing, and was it a relationship that got you into Finland or something else?

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:26 pm

Yup, met my Finnish wife in Saudi while working for BAe. When it was time to leave we came here.

Took me 11 months to find the job and I've been doing it 7 years now (even survived 3 lay-offs) :ochesey:

Highflyer

Post by Highflyer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:30 pm

Thanks to you all who responded to my request for info, as I am determine to have a pilot job in Finland.

English is aviation language. Wondering if anyone had to do the finnish language course to get a flying job.

I am learning Finnish. What are the chances under the current economy as lots of companies cutting back.

Cheers :thumbsup: