Please Help - Urgent advice required

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
gilly

Post by gilly » Sun May 10, 2009 10:27 am

Hi All,

I am currently studying in Finland. Due to my personnel problem i am unable to continue my education any more. so i wish to work full time in finland. Is it possible to convert my study permit to work permit. Due to my previous work experience i am getting a job in Helsinki as contractor for 6 months in one of MNC. Could you please provide the details that, is it possible to convert my study permit to work permit ? Thank in advance.

Br,
Madhan

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

maurine

Re: Please Help - Urgent advice required

Post by maurine » Sun May 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Yes its possible to change your student permit to work permit if you have a work contract thats is. but one thing to remember though is that in case your work contract ends and you try to change your permit again to student they might send you back to your home country. so think twice. Why dont you just try to finish school first you can also work part time?
If you wish to convince people of something, it is more useful to be entertaining than to be right

nsdh

Post by nsdh » Sun May 10, 2009 2:00 pm

I dont think convert is correct word. If that MNC is ready to give letter to Embassy saying they need you for the project and you have contract in hand according to rules then no problem in getting the workpermit.
Try to make it as study related workpermit, like thesis work or trainee and also show your grades. In case if it is out of your subject then it would be difficult.

-Deviprasad

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun May 10, 2009 9:06 pm

It is possible, but it is not guaranteed that they grant you this work permit.
And if it is refused, you can also loose your study permit because you stopped studying.