A first year Vietnamese student looking for a summer job

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
bubble308

Post by bubble308 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi,
I am an first year Vietnamese student. I have been stolen all my money. So I am looking for a job this summer to earn money to live (My family is not rich so they can't help me now). I live in Helsinki. I am a strong girl (good health and no infectious diseases). I can speak and write English well. So if anyon need a cleaner or housekeeper or any job, please hire me. Thank you so much. You can contact me through this number : 0442122589. or email: [email protected]. My name is Huong and nickname is Bubble.
Last edited by bubble308 on Fri May 15, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Huy

Re: A first year Vietnamese student

Post by Huy » Mon May 11, 2009 12:28 am

There is actually a job in Helsinki for you if you can cook:

http://www.mol.fi/paikat/Job.do?lang=fi ... or=6924286

I might suspect he would be interested in hiring waitresses etc too if you contact him.

Otherwise there is a freelance translator job ( note that this position requires more than good finnish skills ):

http://www.mol.fi/paikat/Job.do?lang=fi ... or=7208341
▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
Älä tyri nyt, älä lyö yli nyt, älä antaudu angstin valtaan.

bubble308

Post by bubble308 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:56 am

Thank you so much for your usefull informations. I have already contacted them. But if anyone know or has a job, do not hesitate to contact me. Thannk you so much.

bubble308

Post by bubble308 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:45 pm

still looking.

bubble308

Re: A first year Vietnamese student looking for a summer job

Post by bubble308 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Waiting....

EP

Post by EP » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:45 pm

I am afraid the situation is quite bad. Students start looking for summer jobs in January-February, and by April most positions are filled. So you are quite late. Besides, the job situation is way worse this summer than it was before, there just are no jobs. Half of the students I know didn´t get a summer job, and those who were hired got jobs that they had already had previous summers.

bubble308

Post by bubble308 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:23 am

Yes, that's right. Jobs are scarce this summer. Although I have already found jobs since February, I still can't find a job, and now, it is worsen. I just hope I can have a job such as housekeeper (like a maid or nanny). Because I quite good at it.

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:35 pm

bubble308 wrote:Yes, that's right. Jobs are scarce this summer. Although I have already found jobs since February, I still can't find a job, and now, it is worsen. I just hope I can have a job such as housekeeper (like a maid or nanny). Because I quite good at it.
Did you try to ask for any berry picking job or newspaper delivering/advertisement delivering?

How much time have you lived in Finland? Do you have any rights to ask KELA or SosiaaliToimisto (Social Office) for money until you get a job?

bubble308

Post by bubble308 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:27 am

forest_girl wrote:Did you try to ask for any berry picking job or newspaper delivering/advertisement delivering?

How much time have you lived in Finland? Do you have any rights to ask KELA or SosiaaliToimisto (Social Office) for money until you get a job?
I have just lived in Finland 7 months so everything is quite new to me. I don't have car to deliver newspapers/ads. And berry picking job is full. I try to find a job as waitress in small restaurant or something like that because I had food hygiene card and experience to work in these place. But I can't speak much Finnish so... :( .

forest_girl

Post by forest_girl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:01 pm

bubble308 wrote:I have just lived in Finland 7 months so everything is quite new to me. I don't have car to deliver newspapers/ads. And berry picking job is full. I try to find a job as waitress in small restaurant or something like that because I had food hygiene card and experience to work in these place. But I can't speak much Finnish so... :( .
Not for every advertisement/newspaper jobs you need car. I ve done my without any car... But advertisement companies do not pay much.. thats something like extra. and for newspapers , you could ask Itella Posti Oyj.. they normally should have some offers for Helsingin Sanomat newspaper delivery (you dont need a car), but the work is 7days plus one free and it is night-job.
Anyways, if you have any experience in restaurant work and speak english, you should try to find a job something like dish washing/easy salad making.. or just like a general kitchen porter. In the beginning, I myself didn't have any experience and any hygiene card, but somehow i've found a job...of course now the crisis makes it even more difficult.
But yes, for being waitress you need almost perfect finnish. So forget about it, but try to focus on dish washing jobs ;) Good luck. !!

bubble308

Post by bubble308 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:42 am

forest_girl wrote:Not for every advertisement/newspaper jobs you need car. I ve done my without any car... But advertisement companies do not pay much.. thats something like extra. and for newspapers , you could ask Itella Posti Oyj.. they normally should have some offers for Helsingin Sanomat newspaper delivery (you dont need a car), but the work is 7days plus one free and it is night-job.
Anyways, if you have any experience in restaurant work and speak english, you should try to find a job something like dish washing/easy salad making.. or just like a general kitchen porter. In the beginning, I myself didn't have any experience and any hygiene card, but somehow i've found a job...of course now the crisis makes it even more difficult.
But yes, for being waitress you need almost perfect finnish. So forget about it, but try to focus on dish washing jobs ;) Good luck. !!
But I don't know where I can find a job like dish washing or kitchen porter. That's my big difficult. Can I find them on internet ?

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:20 pm

More probably in a restaurant. Through one of the temp places like http://www.go-on.fi/
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

bubble308

Post by bubble308 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Pursuivant wrote:More probably in a restaurant. Through one of the temp places like http://www.go-on.fi/
Thank you so much although I still waiting.

EP

Post by EP » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:24 pm

You don´t get a job by waiting. Walk into restaurants and say you are looking for a job. Nobody will fetch you from home, you have to be active.

bubble308

Post by bubble308 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:40 pm

EP wrote:You don´t get a job by waiting. Walk into restaurants and say you are looking for a job. Nobody will fetch you from home, you have to be active.
Yes, I have already gone to some restaurant and said I am looking for a job, but they say they have enough staff at this time, and if they need more, they will call me later.