Web design service

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
squirrel58

Web design service

Post by squirrel58 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:37 am

My Finnish girlfriend is in marketing and has started her own company of web designing and marketing,has anyone got any ideas that doesn't cost too much to finally get the business off the ground,she is based in Turku and has looked at advertising,but this is very expensive.
Does anyone know who needs a good,professional and competitively priced service??

thanks in advance.

Web design service

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

DMC

Re: Web design service

Post by DMC » Wed May 13, 2009 10:55 am

If she is in marketing and cannot market her own services I think she is going to find it tough.
One thing she could do is to pick a few web sites and re-design them. Then approach the companies behind those web sites and try to sell her designs to them. Also approach other companies and show the "before and after" versions to show what she would do for those sample web sites. I think most people will want to see a portfolio of some sort and when you are just starting out this is one way of approaching that.
Also, there are lots of web designers out there but it is hard to find any that can come up with good code behind the site. The market is very different for a really functional system or a glossy front end. Where does she fit into that spectrum?

squirrel58

Re: Web design service

Post by squirrel58 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:18 am

she can design a glossy front end to a very complex site with the code aswell,thanks for your before and after idea,