salary for consultants

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Pursuivant

Re: salary for consultants

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:53 pm

I've been 10 years in my company and today I had a "they don't pay enough for all this !"#¤%" moment. :lol:

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

onkko

Post by onkko » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:01 pm

finlandforumuser wrote: Btw, I know some people who has very high salaries here (5.5 and more). So you proof links just lie.
Btw i know some people who make under 2k so you lie... Lets hope you dont work on anything what need math.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:22 pm

finlandforumuser wrote:Btw, I know some people who has very high salaries here (5.5 and more). So you proof links just lie.
I know people who tell that cows fly, if it makes them seem better than other people.

First link was from Association of information sector employees, the trade union of... information sector employees, and their wage survey, which I found in english too: http://www.tietoala.fi/english/english/ ... y-results/ Of course people might have lied to them.

Latter link was from stat.fi, the official numbercrunchers of finland... but as the name implies... lies, damn lies statistics.

I still stand behind what I said (although I should have said more clearly): in Finland 6.5k salaries are not the norm, they are exception and not gained by being 10 years in a company. IMNSHO is that it is easier to get better salaries by job hopping than by staying in one company for ten, or twenty, years.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Mölkky-Fan

Post by Mölkky-Fan » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:57 am

I am employing software people, and wages range from 2.5k to 4.6k... no reason to go much higher even for experienced and excellent employees, especially at the moment when there is a fairly high unemploment rate in this sector.

6.5K for the right person is possible I guess for a company who can sell out the hours and still make a profit, but it would be quite exceptional... middle/ senior managers, successful sales staff etc would be around this area and a little higher.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

dave071061

Post by dave071061 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:59 am

Upphew wrote: I still stand behind what I said (although I should have said more clearly): in Finland 6.5k salaries are not the norm, they are exception and not gained by being 10 years in a company. IMNSHO is that it is easier to get better salaries by job hopping than by staying in one company for ten, or twenty, years.
I agree with you about the 6.5K not being the norm, we employ 150 people here in our Finnish IT team and no one outside the senior management team (5 people) is earning that sort of money.

However, not always true that job hopping from company to company is the best way to increase your salary, Someone I worked with at a previous company had been there 8 years, and had about 16 different job titles, every time he got a new job title he also got a small raise, when he was eventually laid off this year he didn´t even come close to having the skills or experience to justify that level of salary with any other company he applied for!