Job

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
frankerector

Job

Post by frankerector » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:03 am

I erect precast concrete. I have been doing it for 21 years. Tip up walls, parking decks, hollow core. I wish to relocate to Finland. Are there many opportunities in this field?
Thank you

Job

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Re: Job

Post by Pursuivant » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:13 am

So... planning to bring your own erector set?

Not delving into the fact we have an abundance of construction workers from east europe, the building industry right now is in a standstill. It will pick up though as it always does, but then we get into the other problem. Trying to prove theres nobody available in the EU to do the job.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:01 pm

Well.. your work line will have more chances in places like Sweden and Germany as in Finland, there are no pre-cast concrete walls available ( From any builder as a matter of fact ) to build stone houses..thereby making them almost double as compared to Wooden houses ( where walls are not pre-cast )....
This could take a few years but the market for stone houses are pretty well..for the ones building expensive homes..

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:20 pm

raamv wrote:Well.. your work line will have more chances in places like Sweden and Germany as in Finland, there are no pre-cast concrete walls available ( From any builder as a matter of fact ) to build stone houses..thereby making them almost double as compared to Wooden houses ( where walls are not pre-cast )....
This could take a few years but the market for stone houses are pretty well..for the ones building expensive homes..
*krhm* apartment houses...
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:38 pm

:roll: as for small houses the "wood houses" are mostly made of elements, and some of the "stone houses" too... not very many built from scratch
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:14 am

Upphew wrote:
raamv wrote:Well.. your work line will have more chances in places like Sweden and Germany as in Finland, there are no pre-cast concrete walls available ( From any builder as a matter of fact ) to build stone houses..thereby making them almost double as compared to Wooden houses ( where walls are not pre-cast )....
*krhm* apartment houses...
Have you seen that many pre-cast concrete walls of apartments?
I have seen some...But not really a lot...Many are imported too!
( Did you see my comment on --building expensive homes... ,.-)
YIT could be a company to work for..but there almost all jobs are requiring Finnish..
Even in this low and off season..the construction industry is dominated by Neighboring immigrants than ones that dont speak Finnish!!

frankerector

Post by frankerector » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:16 am

Precast walls and decks are the type of condo's I do most.. It picked up a little here but not much..Maybe I'll just save and take a vacation and Hoist some beer and Vodka with the people of Finland! Hoist!

Frank

raamv

Post by raamv » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:38 am

frankerector wrote:Precast walls and decks are the type of condo's I do most.. It picked up a little here but not much..Maybe I'll just save and take a vacation and Hoist some beer and Vodka with the people of Finland! Hoist!

Frank
Most pre-casts are done outside Finland and transported here..so do take a vacation as the building industry has not picked up.. except in some areas..
of which you need inside connections..
e.g. In Kirkkonummi in Sepankannas 1,Bro and kolsari!