Job: Hardwood Floors

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm an American married to a Finn. I have 9 years experience in hardwood floor installation and refinishing. I've won an award in a Parade of Home's contest for my work. It's hard work but I enjoy it and it suits me well. So, does any one need help or have questions with regards to flooring?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Huy

Re: Job: Hardwood Floors

Post by Huy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi there. How much will the approx. cost be to refinishing about 100m2 floor? Floor has some serious scratches from a 140lb dog. If price is right, there is about 130m2 more to do.
▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
Älä tyri nyt, älä lyö yli nyt, älä antaudu angstin valtaan.

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Wow! I wasn't expecting a response from anybody so soon.
First I should ask if you are planning to do the floor yourself. There are a few tricks of the trade that I would be more than happy to discuss with you. Finishing your own floor can bring a great feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. But, if you are looking for someone to refinish your floor I can also help you there - gladly.
A scratch in your floor can be fixed in a number of different ways. How many boards does the scratch span? How deep is the scratch? Are there multiple scratches - in your case I'm guessing you have many. What kind of finish is currently on the floor? You must also consider the amount of time you can afford to stay off your floor when considering a water based finish vs. an oil-modified finish. Water based finishes have come a long way in the last ten years. The dry time is very fast and they've become more durable.
Probably the best thing to do is give me a call at your convenience, but the quick answere to your question is between 18-25 euros per square meter - approximately. This is what most companies will charge you here in the good land of Finns. Mostly it depends on which fix/finish meets both asthetic and economic requirements.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I'd be happy to take a look at your floor for you. Thanks for the response.

[email protected]

Adam lee

Post by Adam lee » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Hello, am an American , my name is Adam , I was just wondering if you need any help. I am looking for work in finland and its very hard at the moment . Or if you know of any open work in Flooring or landscaping. Thanks Adam