Which one of the Nordic countries would you choose?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Halldor K

Re: Which one of the Nordic countries would you choose?

Post by Halldor K » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:21 pm

AldenG wrote:For ease of integration, Sweden and Denmark by far.

Iceland is bankrupt -- literally. There's some question whether it will even exist as a sovereign state five years from now. From a practical perspective, these problems would have to put it last on the list if you want a job or viable social services.
That is simply not true AldenG, Iceland has been hit as have many other countries but to say that it is bankrupt and will possibly not be existing as a sovereign state within 5 years is just plain idiotic.

Believing the pessimist press and sensationalism news does not make you knowledgeable but simply gullible.

Iceland does and will still in 5 years time have Social Services, just like any country in these times those will possibly be limited(in almost all countries) but never completely removed.

As to what Nordic country to choose...well i guess it comes down to what a person is looking for. Best pay is usually Sweden or Norway. Best social services are usually Sweden, Denmark and Norway.

Norway and Iceland will be harder to get into for non Nordic country citizens. They are part of the Inter Nordic program that works similar to the EU system but is not open to all EU residents.

All have pro's and con's really, Denmark, Sweden and Norway have large immigrant neighborhoods now that are considered no better than the Ghetto's in the USA. A lot of hostilities brewing in many of hose areas too... Denmark's Copenhagen has been especially named in that regard.

I'm Icelandic...what's your excuse?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

mannychadha

Post by mannychadha » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:21 pm

for IT job - Denmark.

qklesk

Post by qklesk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:16 am

Well I can only speak of Sweden since I spent 2 years there 1 unemployed.

Sweden is nice if you manage to get a job before you get there and keep it but if you lose your job it's better to consider returning to your country immediately cause getting a new one will be almost impossible if you don't speak Swedish. That video was actually lol, I haven't encounter violence like this but I read a lot of other comments from people who got into the same situation and ended up unemployed there.
All the money what you spare up hardly will go away in 1-2 months and you won't get jobs so fast so then what the hell will you do?

About the cities: suburb areas and small towns are nice but Stockholm is just a dirt city and expensive like hell with no reason

I read about this racist movement against immigrants there but you won't experience this by skins gonna tell you to leave the country. These people are sly @#$%, they separate themselves from the other non-sweeds, work in small groups and they are against you. @#$% sweeds were probably the reason why I got fired. They don't deserve the nice life at all.

I still applying for jobs in the NordiC countries but most of them either no answer or rejected with default template so GL everyone! :thumbsup:

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Stockholm is just a dirt city and expensive like hell with no reason
Unless you are posh in the posh parts... but then again if you're in Rinkeby sitting in a concrete block... Then again thats true of *any* of the capitals. Helsinki is silly priced especially housing.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."