Native English Speaker, American Woman, looking to babysit

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
ahart

Post by ahart » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Hello,
My name is April, I moved to Helsinki last January and am married to a Finnish man. I studied at an American university for 2 years, my major was social work. I will start university next fall in Oulu. Currently, I am studying Finnish and have a level one diploma, and am working on my level two. I am looking for some kind of part time job that calls for an English speaker, or nanny/babysitter. I am extremely good with children and wouldn't have any problems cleaning or doing light house work as well. Please let me know if you are interested!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Marion

Re: Native English Speaker, American Woman, looking to babysit

Post by Marion » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:55 am

Hello April,

I just read your add and decided to contact you. I have a 6 year old girl attending an English-Finnish kindergarten (she speaks decent English). She will be applying for the European School starting August 2010, however she will have to jump to grade two (skip one grade). Thus I need her to learn to write and read in English, preferably before February (when the entry exams take place). I work full-time and have 2 smaller kids too, so have very little time for teching her. I have been looking for a native English speaker to tutor her (anf her friend who have the same problem). Would this be of any interest to you? She/they would probably need 2 afternoons per week.

Kind regards,

Marion Björkstén
[email protected]
050-3485 395