Trying to open concession food truck

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Pursuivant

Re: Trying to open concession food truck

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:49 pm

She was a bit older that that :lol:

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

CarmenfromTexas

Post by CarmenfromTexas » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:45 am

Hello Phuong,

Have you started your business yet? I was wondering how things were going and if you include a decent bowl of Pho on the menu.

Cảm ơn :)
Eat the chicken and spit out the bones

Brent

Post by Brent » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:17 am

Hello Phuong and welcome to the northern tropical country! :D

About your business idea, I really like it! Having the consession food restaurant truck is surely new thing in Finland and to start something new thing, you always face tons of problem. But nothing is impossible, no matter what... if it's your dream and you want to fulfill it you will find your ways (tweaking, adapting or slighty changing the biz idea).

The guys in here have pointed out some problems you will be facing and I think you will be facing even more problems but don't let that kill your enthusiastic. We are just try to help you by pointing out the problems of your biz idea, so that you can have a better view/idea what are you about to face. When you know the problems you can work around them and eliminate them. My advice to you is do your research and prepare yourself well!!!

Start with this http://www.yrityssuomi.fi/default.aspx? ... resLanId=2 and sign up for this http://www.yrityshelsinki.fi/index.php? ... &Itemid=99.

Btw, don't forget that you have an excellent source of infomation - your wife's brother who owns the bar.

Sao ban lai qua ben day ma khong dem vo ve US? O ben day buon va lanh chet di...Brrrruurrrrh :)

-Brent

AldenG

Post by AldenG » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:07 pm

I see from your recent University 2010 post that you're still thinking about opening the cafe/eatery.

I hope this works out for you, you're able to work through all the bureacratic maze and everything. Finland needs more energetic and determined small entrepreneurs like you.
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:28 am

The police in Espoo (as we told him they *love* foreigners) are just there friendily telling him to PHO off... :wink:
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."