Working Placement in Helsinki

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
CatNip

Re: Working Placement in Helsinki

Post by CatNip » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:08 am

Hi,

You could try National Tourist Board
http://www.mek.fi/w5/meken/index.nsf/(Pages)/Index

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:57 pm

I also heard of someone who won the jackpot in the lottery.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:54 pm

Jazzori I'm not too familiar with social sciences programmes but in Nursing we had to use Jobstep to book our work placements. There was always (and I really do mean always) somebody to tutor us in English, even if it was not advertised as such.

For us to advise you, it would be useful to know what kind of placement you are looking for (again based on Nursing education we had to do placements in different areas : geriatrics, pediatrics, surgical, etc)

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:58 am

mijachin wrote: There are a lot of haters in this site but you got to stick to your guns
Yeah, it's a general "no can do" attitude, I promised myself to figure out why as soon as I'll have a more rested mind. The same thing I met when I first joined the forum and started asking questions. Later on, I learned how to filter my questions, as well as the answers I got. : ) Oh, wait, but I'd be somehow unfair to some Hank that was helpful, actually..

Amandine, did you graduate already or are you still studying?

I wonder if Ekaterina still bothers to read this thread. : )
Free your mind and the rest will follow!

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:18 am

mijachin wrote:There are a lot of haters in this site but you got to stick to your guns
Better yet: don't give the haters more ammunition. Lurk more.
jazzori wrote:The same thing I met when I first joined the forum and started asking questions. Later on, I learned how to filter my questions, as well as the answers I got.
FF is one of the rare forums where I have both registered and posted. Usually I read a forum from a few months to few years when I try to get feeling of the place and people. After I read, figuratively, all the threads in all the areas that were available for non registered people, I finally registered to get access to Pub and Tea & Sympathy. After reading those for some time, I finally started to post. I'm not saying that everyone must take as long and deep familiarization period, but usually the flamed people seem to only read their own threads.
jazzori wrote:I wonder if Ekaterina still bothers to read this thread. : )
I sure hope so. Usually after the flames have cooled down the threads start to have really good posts, sometimes even on topic :)

edit. Just to prove my point: for working placements, the easiest way to get one is by contacts. And everyone has contacts, you are not alone in your class. Classmates have gotten their places somehow. They can recommend you or they can ask around at their work for other places.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:04 pm

I have jazzori :) Not so long ago though so Jobstep is still in use. See www.jobstep.net for contacts and placement opportunities.