publishing a book in Finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Darja

Post by Darja » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:42 am

Hello!

I'm a writer from Slovenia and my first novel is gonna be published this month by a renowned slovenian publisher. I would like to try to publish my book also on finnish language ( why, it's a long story). So I would like to know, if there are some finnish literature agencies, which are representing non-finnish autors and helping them to find a book publisher in Finland? Or book publishers, which are publishing translations of south european authors? I will be very thankful for any advice.

Thank you for your attention and best regards!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

karel

Re: publishing a book in Finland

Post by karel » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:02 am

Sanoma WSOY is the biggest publisher in Finland.

It depends a bit on what your book is about which publisher will want to publish your book.

Darja

Post by Darja » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:15 am

Hello,

thank you for this information. The book belongs into the category female literature and it's a romantic and sensual love story.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:59 am

How many pages?

You'd just need to contact different publishers. There's http://www.publishers.fi but I'm not sure if it's exhaustive... see also http://www.kustantajat.com/

but there's always the Harlequin option :twisted:

Darja

Post by Darja » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:30 pm

thank you too for this very helpful informations! My book has about 320 pages. I'm looking forward to contact all these publishers.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Darja wrote:thank you too for this very helpful informations! My book has about 320 pages. I'm looking forward to contact all these publishers.
Check at least a bit before sending emails... some of the publishers are concentrated on technical manuals etc so they won't be too impressed by titles like "The Bodice That Was Ripped in Twain" :wink:

Darja

Post by Darja » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:39 pm

:lol: