Discrimination to employment

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
nsdh

Re: Discrimination to employment

Post by nsdh » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 am

In IT for software Engineer positions, I was not hired and the feedback was they prefer Finnish skills. It is very clear that foreigners are second grade here for jobs. It is not same in English speaking countries.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

finlandforumuser

Post by finlandforumuser » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:20 pm

nsdh wrote:In IT for software Engineer positions, I was not hired and the feedback was they prefer Finnish skills. It is very clear that foreigners are second grade here for jobs. It is not same in English speaking countries.
Don't get upset, try next company, there are plenty of smart and good firms around!

That company who denied you just by Finnish skills is just badly surviving to next crisis :) Perhaps, it is good for you that not joined them.

finlandforumuser

Post by finlandforumuser » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Tiwaz wrote: I on the other hand have relatives from two family branches who live in HKI area. And there is zero indication that most or even notable portion of jobs there would be ones where you could work without Finnish skills.
Nicely leaving in Helsinki 10+ years without any words in local language. My salary far exceeds even your dreams :)

nsdh

Post by nsdh » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:57 am

Nicely leaving in Helsinki 10+ years without any words in local language. My salary far exceeds even your dream
It may be bcos you came in boom time and stick on with your job by hard work. If you look for job in other companies, will face problem without skills. :wink: