Looking for Bio Medical Engineering job

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
cobain692

Post by cobain692 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi All,

I found this Finland forum during my web search for bio medical engineering jobs. So decided to leave a post here hoping people will help me out.

I am currently working in Finland for the past one year 3 months, i moved here from India. I stay alone and would like my Girl friend to move here too. This being an expensive place to live together i have felt that both of us have to earn. My girl friend is a bio medical engineer she has about 1 year and 6 months work experience in this field. She has worked in Wockhardt hospital, Columbia asia hospital and Bangalore hospitals (in India) as bio medical maintenance engineer for all its critical and non-critical equipments (eg:CT scanner, ultra sound scanner etc). She has really good skills in this bio medical field.

Are there any jobs for Bio medical engineers in Helsinki/Espoo regions? [ Permanent / Contract / Part time jobs ]

Please help me out if anyone knows about it so that i can ask her to apply :)

Many thanks!

-Kurt

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

cobain692

Re: Looking for Bio Medical Engineering job

Post by cobain692 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 pm

cobain692 wrote:Hi All,

I found this Finland forum during my web search for bio medical engineering jobs. So decided to leave a post here hoping people will help me out.

I am currently working in Finland for the past one year 3 months, i moved here from India. I stay alone and would like my Girl friend to move here too. This being an expensive place to live together i have felt that both of us have to earn. My girl friend is a bio medical engineer she has about 1 year and 6 months work experience in this field. She has worked in Wockhardt hospital, Columbia asia hospital and Bangalore hospitals (in India) as bio medical maintenance engineer for all its critical and non-critical equipments (eg:CT scanner, ultra sound scanner etc). She has really good skills in this bio medical field.

Are there any jobs for Bio medical engineers in Helsinki/Espoo regions? [ Permanent / Contract / Part time jobs ]

Please help me out if anyone knows about it so that i can ask her to apply :)

Many thanks!

-Kurt
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that she does not speak Finnish (but willing to learn). She has excellent fluency in english though!

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Is it "engineering" jobs as in IT or a nurse/medical staff as thats 2 different things.... for a nurse she needs the language and without EU certification... = nono
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

cobain692

Post by cobain692 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:37 pm

Thanks for this initial info..
Pursuivant wrote:Is it "engineering" jobs as in IT or a nurse/medical staff as thats 2 different things.... for a nurse she needs the language and without EU certification... = nono
So..

"Biomedical engineering" is the application of engineering principles and techniques to the medical field. It combines the design and problem solving skills of engineering with medical and biological sciences to improve healthcare diagnosis and treatment.

Could you elaborate more about this EU Certification ?

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:34 pm

As in look for the qualifications required, some jobs require a certification from the medicolegal board like nurses need to be "licenced" and x-ray technicians need theirs as well.
Last edited by Pursuivant on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

cobain692

Post by cobain692 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Any _names_ of companies or hospitals that would have vacancies for bio medical engineers ??

All the search i do for bio medical jobs says : Sorry there are currently no jobs in this field in Finland :?

raamv

Post by raamv » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Most Bio Medical Engineering jobs and also called as Bio Tech these days are located in Turku!! and Most Companies focus on the Medicine part than any on the Technology part ( Houston used to be the capital of that )..
In order to advise use of Tomography devices, you need to Speak Finnish..
You might want your GF to transfer to a Medical technology field where Drug usage is more used ( as in the best drugs to use for CT scans or what is a tracer drug etc )...
and Search for the "Bio parks! in Turku..
http://www.turkusciencepark.com/default.asp?viewID=389

and here is the list of around 90 companies in Turku:
http://www.turkusciencepark.com/biocompanies

cobain692

Post by cobain692 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:51 pm

raamv i appreciate your help here!
raamv wrote:Most Bio Medical Engineering jobs and also called as Bio Tech these days are located in Turku!! and Most Companies focus on the Medicine part than any on the Technology part ( Houston used to be the capital of that )..
In order to advise use of Tomography devices, you need to Speak Finnish..
Okay, will ask my GF to take up some Finnish classes :)
raamv wrote:You might want your GF to transfer to a Medical technology field where Drug usage is more used ( as in the best drugs to use for CT scans or what is a tracer drug etc )...
and Search for the "Bio parks! in Turku..
http://www.turkusciencepark.com/default.asp?viewID=389

and here is the list of around 90 companies in Turku:
http://www.turkusciencepark.com/biocompanies
Hmm, 90 companies.. Looks like there is enough opportunity if we plan it right..

Thank you!!!

raamv

Post by raamv » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:52 am

Looks Like opportunities..But I wouldnt bet on it without plan ABCDEFFGH..Z