hair dressers profission

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
MOHAMED

hair dressers profission

Post by MOHAMED » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:36 am

hi guys ,although sometimes your answers are a bit harsh ,but life is!!! and you guys cut to the chase ....so i appreciate it!!

you have helped me a lot on this forum ,(i read every replay you guys put to other questions not only mine ) :D

so now i am here with a new question that needs your expertise :)

ok ,what do i need to work as a hair dresser??
i mean what kind of license or other requirements?
also i know those people renting "chairs" in their salons will want someone with expertise, to ensure he or she is not gonna ruin their reputation ,wrong? :roll:

ok so how can i go about that ??

i am only considering this after i tried it all. :?
i am not "gay" :lol: but i think hair dressing is the only thing left that i haven't tried :(
i used to do it for my friends and brother ,and i am pretty good at it.so i think i should give it a try here
after all men suppose to survive!! right :)

also there is left 8 month on my student visa,i am living on allowance from my family of like 300/month plus i do the majnoksia,so in total i have 400/month,which is still less than requirement for renewal,so the second question is .
can i get like exemption of this condition if i showed the migri that this is sufficient for me?
if no, what are your suggestions ??
another thing,finnish course in school is not really helping .and finn students don't talk so much :oops: and if they did :thumbsup: its english!!
and its really not fair to make them suffer from my bad finnish :ohno: .so what are your advice on that too??
please guide me and don't be sarcastic :lol: i know my situation might be :lol: "funny" :lol: for some of you .but please understand that i seek your wisdom :lightbulb:

thanks in advance :beer_yum:

hair dressers profission

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

kay30

Re: hair dressers profission

Post by kay30 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:47 am

MOHAMED wrote: i am not "gay" :lol: but i think hair dressing is the only thing left that i haven't tried :(
What is funny about being "gay"? And why should anyone care if you are or are not? How is it relevant?

EP

Post by EP » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Your situation is not funny, it is serious. Im not sure, I think you should ask straight from hair dressers/barber shops. But I am afraid they want some schooling in the profession. All I know that my hair dresser had two people on rent seats still last summer, and since October she has been alone. She says that business is slow.
its really not fair to make them suffer from my bad finnish .so what are your advice on that too??
Just ask them to speak Finnish to you – SLOWLY and CLEARLY, not blurring words together. Tell them that you want to learn, they don´t necessarily understand how important it is to you. Tell them that by doing that they would really help you. Otherwise it seems you have done things right, delivering ads and so on.

MOHAMED

Post by MOHAMED » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:47 am

kay30 wrote:What is funny about being "gay"? And why should anyone care if you are or are not? How is it relevant?
i am sorry if got me Wrong ,there is nothing funny about it !!the funny thing is that people assume that you HAVE to be if you want to work in that area which is a stereotype ,i am sorry if i made uncomfortable in any way ,i am sorry and meant no offense :thumbsup:
EP i think you are absolutely right in seeking direct information ,and i think its about time to do so!

EP

Post by EP » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:27 pm

Have you asked the fast food places? You would soon learn to understand "Big Mac, kokis ja pienet ranskalaiset" type of language.