tax for selling berries

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
job seeker

tax for selling berries

Post by job seeker » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:22 pm

Hello guys

Merry Christmas to everyone

I would like to ask something related to selling berries. If I sell berries ( mustikka ja puolukka) to some companies and in the case I have to invoice them, then I must establish the company (private trader) or limited selling berries, is there any special for it because I sell it only in summer ? how much tax should I pay for selling berries? and could you give some advice to deal with the case the buyer asking invoice from me. Absolutely I have to pay cash for small group of suppliers.

BR

tax for selling berries

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Re: tax for selling berries

Post by Rosamunda » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:26 pm

If I remember correctly you don't need to set up a company and wild berries are VAT exempt. But you should check with the Tax authorities.

However, you would have to declare the total revenue as part of your personal income and it would be taxable at the same rate as any other income you may have.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:29 pm

Yeah wild berries is tax-free income if you sell them as a private picker IIRC/AFAIK and a few other abbreviations. Then if you process them in any way you might be a "business". Penelope is right you need to call up and ask whats the deal. VAT gets a bit peculiar in game and berries.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

job seeker

Post by job seeker » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:59 pm

That 's mean as long as I sell wild berries as a private picker. I will get the tax exemption for it , no matter what how many tons I am going to sell? am I right?

onkko

Post by onkko » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:04 pm

job seeker wrote:That 's mean as long as I sell wild berries as a private picker. I will get the tax exemption for it , no matter what how many tons I am going to sell? am I right?
Well you have to prove how many tonns you have picked and if its humanly inpossible then good luck...
Tax exempt is for what you pick and sell.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Yeah, so if you pick ten buckets, that is your money. If you get 10 pickers, one bucket each = business.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

job seeker

Post by job seeker » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:22 pm

eg. if I represents for not 10 but 30 private pickers, and then I will sell all berries collected by 30 private picker + me . Is there still tax exemption ?

onkko

Post by onkko » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:26 pm

job seeker wrote:eg. if I represents for not 10 but 30 private pickers, and then I will sell all berries collected by 30 private picker + me . Is there still tax exemption ?
No.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

EP

Post by EP » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:14 am

eg. if I represents for not 10 but 30 private pickers, and then I will sell all berries collected by 30 private picker + me . Is there still tax exemption ?
Even if you represent 1 picker you are an employer and it is not tax free. It is you and you alone who goes to the forest and then it is tax free.