microbiologist / science communicator looking for a job

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Eos

Post by Eos » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Hello!

I'm a biologist with a Master of Science (major Microbiology) and Master of Arts (major Science Communication) with
-3 years of experience as Scientific Collaborator for the Swiss State in the area of avian influenza (H5N1) and vaccine promotion with experience in communication towards the citizens and medical experts (publications print and internet, wordings, answering direct requests) as well as layout of the publications (Adobe InDesign)
-1 year experience as Editor in the area of medicine (neurology, neurosurgery) and micronutrients, also including graphic layout with Adobe InDesign
-8 years of experience in music, promotional and event photography
-experience in teamleading at promotional events
-experience in the laboratory with the main cell and microbiological culturing/analyzing methods

My mother tongues are Croatian and German, I'm fluent in English, have good knowledge in French and I've been studying Finnish in private lessons from a native speaker since about a half a year now.

I've experienced that the most jobs in Finland in this area of business aren't published online. Does anyone here have any advices on most effective ways of finding a job in Finland? Blind applications, mol.fi, Eures..? I'm grateful for any help.. I'm still not in Finland but I'm available from April or May 2010. I've spent some time in Finland every summer since 2002 and I have some friends there already. Unfortunately none of them are from the science area so they couldn't help me with this.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic