please help

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
douch

please help

Post by douch » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:34 am

Could someone tell me what i need to do to start a business and what costs there will be. I been in tax office three times and they havent told all the things i have to pay. they told i have to pay tax which is about 26% plus 4,9% of some other taxes. Then i have to pay vat which is 22% and i was told to go to Insurance firm to ask for building insurance and then there they told me i still have to pay some other pension insurance of 21 % which works out about 6000euros if I earn about 25000euros year. then I was told that if i wont suddenly have any work i wont be entitled to any unemployed benefits either. And is there still some hidden costs i havent been told and will have to be paid in order to start a business. Seems really expensive stuff and seems that there wont be nothing left in my pocket after paying all these taxes and insurances. I would like to start a business myself and in building construction area.
Or would it be best to sign on to http://eezy.fi/ or does anyone know any other options or companys like this?

please help

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Re: please help

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:41 am

What you should do is sign up at the local TE-keskus for an ulkomaalaisten yrittäjäkurssi. Of course they might require enough Finnish to understand it all.
Heres a link list http://www.yrittajat.fi/en-GB/federatio ... fulllinks/ => Working and living in Finland
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

richard berman

Post by richard berman » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 am

most of the costs you have said here is about right , the only other cost i can think of, is someone to do your books ,for a business of your size i would say this would be 40€ a month .
Web hosting from 8€ a month http://www.Oxterweb.net

douch

Post by douch » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:17 pm

thanks for answer. But i think the cost i have to pay out just does not make it worth starting self employed .id.How i am meant to earn money when the cost each month is so high it does not make much sense i think?shame.I try better myself here in finland and not be a bum and claim unemployment...plus it so long to find out what was need to start up .But i found in places like vero when questions i asked they answered(but had to know what to ask) no 1 was giving any advice that they knew i had to do .When all they had to do was be helpful by saying you need to pay for tax, social,vat,yel,insurance and if you have business and run out of work you can not claim unemployment , bit silly cos you pay so much back from wage and in the building industry you have times when cant find work or waiting for start date... :thumbsdown:

irnbru

Post by irnbru » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:13 pm

Get this book out of the library

Establishing and Doing Business in FInland" by Tuulikki Holopainen

Bilan

Post by Bilan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Good afternoon. My name is Maxim Bilan. I am from Ukraine. I represent Agricultural Youth Union. Our organization is looking for the opportunities for students of Agricultural educational establishments of Ukraine to have trainee practice at agricultural farms of Finland. Unfortunately, nowadays there is no coordinator from Finnish side and searching host families for interns goes in a private manner. That`s why we are looking for coordinating organizations in the host country to realize this project. The reason why I applied to YOU is that In some spheres of Agriculture
there are some positions that residents don`t want to occupy, for this reason I consider that interns
working for lower wages can occupy unclaimed positions, thus the agricultural
sector of Finland benefits from this project. The coordinator from Finnish side is supposed to get reward for each found contract
Best Wishes. Maxim Bilan
E-mail. [email protected]
Cell phone. +380939716419

douch

Post by douch » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm

some people...jazmine2 idiot,, bilan knob dont post on a thread you have no input to add ..you should be banned for advert you posted

karel

Post by karel » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:32 pm

richard berman wrote:most of the costs you have said here is about right , the only other cost i can think of, is someone to do your books ,for a business of your size i would say this would be 40€ a month .
Do give me a link to the company which does it for 40€ a month.

EP

Post by EP » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Do give me a link to the company which does it for 40€ a month.
Me, too. I pay 111 € a month and considering the small amount of paper I have I think it is too much.

CatNip

Post by CatNip » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:32 am

Hi,

You find some info of the insurance here: http://www.tapiola.fi/NR/rdonlyres/7FED ... glanti.pdf.

Enterprise Finland Telephone Service for new entrepreneurs, tel. 010 19 4682
Available: •Monday to Friday 9:00 to 16:00 (GMT+2)
Do you think of starting in business or start-up an enterprise?
Enterprise Finland telephone service gives you information, guidance and help in:
•starting in business
•enterprise services of the MEE Group (Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment, the Employment and Economic Development Offices, Finnvera, Tekes, National Board of Patents and Registration of Finland) as well as electronic transactions
•if necessary, you are guided to other public enterprise services.
Price of the call:
•local network charge from a land line
•mobile phone charge from a mobile phone.

Doing business in Finland:
http://www.vero.fi/default.asp?article= ... nguage=ENG