English Teaching

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
thecman

English Teaching

Post by thecman » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Moro!

Mää olen Kanadalainen ylioppilas ja asun Tamperelle 10 kuukatta 2008-09.

Hi everyone, I'm a Canadian university student who has lived in Tampere for 10 months in 2008-09.
I apologize for my poor use of Finnish - I need to brush up on it quite a bit :)

I was wondering if anyone knows anything, has seen any ads in papers/media, or knows an institution that needs English teachers, specifically, TESOL certified instructions as I am one.

Any info would be appreciated. So far my search is not turning up much for Finland.

Cheers.

English Teaching

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Re: English Teaching

Post by Rosamunda » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:41 pm

Well, maybe that's because there's a recession.

Someone I know who has a language school in Helsinki told me she received 40 CVs in September and she hired no one.

If you have some experience in a niche area then you might find some work. Usually it means contacting the schools individually. Occasionally there are ads on http://www.mol.fi

Do you have EU residency rights? Because it is EXTREMELY unlikely that any school will give you the kind of contract that would enable you to get a work permit. Teaching jobs are usually freelance/hourly based.