Working in Finland/research

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Danja

Post by Danja » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:34 pm

Hello.

I'm a student of social services in Helsinki (Metropolia) and we're doing a research of professional/educated immigrants. So, if you're an immigrant and have a University degree from abroad, or any higher degree, I'd be very thankful if you could send me a private message with the answers to these questions:

- What kind of a degree do you have? Level? Country?
- Did you have your diploma nostrificated in Finland? Is there a Finnish equivalent?
- Did you have to take additional courses in order to have the degree fully accepted?
- Was it easy/difficult to obtain a job here with your degree? Private or state sector? How long did it take? Who helped you?
- Did you have problems language-wise?
- Are you satisfied with your job here, does it meet your expectations? Degree-level?
- Anything else you'd want to tell.

All done anonymously.

This is merely a school research and definitely not our main source, but I would be interested in hearing about your experiences. So, please, if you could take a few minutes and reply, I'd be grateful.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Danja

Re: Working in Finland/research

Post by Danja » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:12 am

Just to raise the topic again, I'd be really thankful for your input. Your (non)working situation. All confidential.
Big thanks to those who sent me a pp.

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Have you checked that your method of data collection answers the methodology requirements set by your teacher? For my nursing degree in Metropolia we were not allowed to collect data like this over the internet or even in person... Just so that you don't end up with having to redo the work completely ;)

Danja

Post by Danja » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:05 pm

I know, of course :). This not any big project and the data I get from here is more for myself, just an overview.