Pharmacy in Finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Tiwaz

Re: Pharmacy in Finland

Post by Tiwaz » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:17 pm

finlandforumuser wrote:
Tiwaz wrote: And this because you have wasted your years in Finland by not learning the language.
I would sooner spend time on improving my skills.

The true is: there are plenty unemployed Finnish natives and opposite a lots of people without any word in Finnish have great work, the difference is in their skills.

Successful companies prefer to hire good foreigners rather local even with identical skills. The reason is very simple, international workers typically more enthusiastic, more willing to learn and just hungrier in all aspects.
Read what I wrote.

PERCENTAGE OF FOREINGERS UNEMPLOYED IS SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER THAN PERCENTAGE OF FINNS UNEMPLOYED.

Few "no-speak" foreigners having good jobs is irrelevant. Huge majority of "no-speaks" are "no-jobs".
So it takes a rather huge fool to assume that it is good idea NOT to learn Finnish.

Fluent Finnish in Finland is essential skill just like all other professional skills.

Successful companies prefer to hire people who have most skills. If they cannot get Finn who has all the skills, they hire foreigner. But if you and Finn walk into interview and have exactly same CV, your chances of getting hired are far worse than his.

Smart person learns local lingo if they intend to stay and prosper.
Fools play lottery and buy mercedes while waiting money to come to their account.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

inchy

Post by inchy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:43 pm

finlandforumuser wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:04 pm
One my friend in mind, from China, with pharmaceutical background found job in pharmacy after few weeks of searching. No Finnish skill.
It looks this area in demand here. All locals speak English ok.

OMG , is this a joke?
I am wondering does person who hired her know the law?
Unbeliavable