Part-time computer job in Downtown Helsinki

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
merican

Post by merican » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi,

I am an American living in Stockholm. I have been working in Helsinki on-and-off over the past 2 years on a big contract job that I have there. Lately the work in Helsinki is coming a little more frequently and I can't keep up with it all the time. I need someone to work freelance occasionally when I am unable to make it over there.

Have you ever worked with computer servers? Are you good at trouble-shooting? Are you interested in a part-time job, where you decide what hours to work? It would be only between 10 and 50 hours a month, depending on a number of factors.

The work is doing server maintenance or "Hands and Eyes". This is a good opportunity to get started in IT or just to pick-up some side work on occasion. The worksite is in Central Helsinki. No Finnish is necessary, but it can be helpful.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

merican

Re: Part-time computer job in Downtown Helsinki

Post by merican » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Just to clarify, this job requires that you be located in Helsinki, or nearby. Many of the assignments are only 1-2 hours long, and not worth traveling across the country. You will need a laptop and a cell phone along with a small tool-kit of screwdrivers and such, but nothing you can't find at Clas Ohlson downtown if the need for different tools comes up.

You must also be allowed to work within Finland. You may need to set up a company to do freelance work under as well, so any experience with that is helpful.

If you have a car, that also can be a great help, as sometimes deliveries to Vaanta are required.

Cheers!

anasuya

Post by anasuya » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi, i am interested for the work. I have worked in computer maintenance for two years. I am living in helsinki and i have work permit.
But i dont have a car.
hope to hear from you soon.

momo31

Post by momo31 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi i am interested in your postion and would like to speak more about the work. I have moved from the uk to helsinki.
you can contact me on 0468414899

regards

moe

Fish

Post by Fish » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi,
I am interested in this job. If it is still available, please let me know.
My mobile number: 0465254132

SSC

Post by SSC » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 am

Good day to you,

I just came across your add and would like to know if it is still available ?
All your required credentials would match my profile and I am living in the center
of Helsinki.
Looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Thanks and best regards

cors187

Post by cors187 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:46 am

by merican »
Send me a PM if you are interested.
Dont forget to send him a PM ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&action=quotepost&p=465852

SSC

Post by SSC » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Please advise what is PM

cors187

Post by cors187 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Its the Private message box, if you look under everyone's name(to the right) you can see a PM box.We use it to send each other private messages.

deepupkn

Post by deepupkn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:17 am

I am from India and presently living in Joensuu. I am willing to shift to Helsinki. I have over 7 years experience as a Service engineer / Technical Support engineer / System administrator. Is this job still available sir? I am unable to find the PM box, so that's the reason why I am replying to the open forum. Thanking you in advance for the reply.
My email is [email protected]

merican

Post by merican » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Just bumping this thread: we are again looking for people in Helsinki for a few different datacenter projects.

I will be in town holding interviews Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. Contact me for details at [email protected]

thanks!

Ty