Jobs for English Speakers in Banking domain

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Jeeva

Post by Jeeva » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:31 am

Hi

I have more than 10 yrs of experience in Banking domain (Retail/Wholesale and Investment Banking) - I can only spk English fluently and planning to join a Finnish language course.
But I have started loving the finnish language and very sure that I will learn in few months.
Could you pls suggest best ways to get banking Jobs in Finland with just fluency in Englantia as of now.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tjawatts

Re: Jobs for English Speakers in Banking domain

Post by tjawatts » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:29 pm

It is possible to work in banking in English, but only in the larger banks and not that easy. If you want to discuss more send me a pm.

Tony

rinso

Post by rinso » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:12 pm

very sure that I will learn in few months.
That would be a first.
Let us know how you fare in a couple of months.

onkko

Post by onkko » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:59 pm

Jeeva wrote: I can only spk English fluently and planning to join a Finnish language course.
But I have started loving the finnish language and very sure that I will learn in few months
If you can master finnish in 2 months you are prodigy, talent never seen before.
Now get real, it takes about 2 years to get conversational finnish so you can buy your groceries, 5 years to be fluent in normal encounters etc.
Depending on your origin and skills you may or may not ever learn to speak like native.

If you, as english speaker, can master or even buy candy in finnish in changing situations in 2 months then call everyone,,, no they will call you.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum