open opplication for jobs?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
julisu

Post by julisu » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Hi, I'm a student in Finland who is about to graduate soon. I've been looking for a job, but haven't got any luck, even for summer jobs.
I was wondering about the open application option where you can submit your CV etc in companies' websites.
Do they really hire people from this open application, especially in Finland? I have heard from some people that they never heard of any success stories by using this method.
Would it be better to ask directly, either through email or call, to prospective employers whom I never met if they have internship or job opening?

Thank you!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

lucatoni

Re: open opplication for jobs?

Post by lucatoni » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:44 am

julisu wrote:Hi, I'm a student in Finland who is about to graduate soon. I've been looking for a job, but haven't got any luck, even for summer jobs.
I was wondering about the open application option where you can submit your CV etc in companies' websites.
Do they really hire people from this open application, especially in Finland? I have heard from some people that they never heard of any success stories by using this method.
Would it be better to ask directly, either through email or call, to prospective employers whom I never met if they have internship or job opening?

Thank you!

its easier to find water in desert than a job in this country if you are a foreigner!