tax card question

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
numb

tax card question

Post by numb » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Dear All,
I have a tax card related question.
My tax deduction card has a %6 tax percentage calculated on an estimate of 1200euros monthly for a year.
Currently I have two part time jobs which pays approximately 1200 euros in total.
I gave my original tax card to my first employer, now I have to present a tax card to my new second employer.
My question is, should I give my additional income tax card to my second employer? (which has a lot higher tax deduction percentage)
Paying a higher tax percentage just because my income comes from two different employers doesn't sound right.

By the way I haven't been working until mid may so my yearly income has to be adjusted as well but the jobs I have right now have somewhat a temporary nature. In mid August I'll start my new long term job(s) and I don't want to do the recalculation until I get a clearer picture.
So how should I proceed?
Thanks.

tax card question

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

GermanInHelsinki

Re: tax card question

Post by GermanInHelsinki » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:55 pm

The percentages on the tax cards do of course not matter in the end - if you pay too much you will get that back next year.

When you generate your new tax card in August you will enter the income and taxes paid so far this year, and paying more taxes now will of course reduce your tax rate for the rest of year.

numb

Post by numb » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:38 am

So this means I should submit my additional income tax card to my second job even though the payment is not 'additional'?
It seems like I will keep having two employers after August as well. So when I'm doing the recalculation should I only enter the amount I'll get from my first employer?
Is there a way to be taxed properly with two employers without somehow loaning money to vero until the end of the year?

Rip

Post by Rip » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:46 am

numb wrote: Is there a way to be taxed properly with two employers without somehow loaning money to vero until the end of the year?
It looks like it should be possible, but you have to log in an see it yourself:
http://www.vero.fi/en-US/Individuals/Ta ... 2832338%29

numb

Post by numb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:35 am

Yes, this option worked for me. Thanks