A team to a startup company

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
benjaminsandberg93

Post by benjaminsandberg93 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi

I want to start a company that allows users to watch independent movies and other media for free on a website. the idea is to sell advertising space on the medias so that the company and producers get money of the media. Another thing to get money out of the medias is to sell them to users with a better quality and no advertisng so that users can choose how they want to watch the medias.

The big problem with this idea is that i need a small team with diffrent skills because i have some IT and programming skills but not enaugh to create a good and functional website. At least i need one Web developer/programmer, one CFO(financial skills), and one guy with some kind of media skills.

Please send me an email if you are interested:
[email protected]

Thanks for reading

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

GermanInHelsinki

Re: A team to a startup company

Post by GermanInHelsinki » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:46 pm

What you want to create is yet another YouTube clone, with a Pro account. This is of course not a very innovative idea for a new business.

And of course you want other people to do the actual work for you.

You are a sociopath.

nnduc1994

Post by nnduc1994 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Don't want to make up down, but Have you ever think about movie authorization ?

benjaminsandberg93

Post by benjaminsandberg93 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:52 pm

I dont really want to thing about movie authorization because my interst is not to upload or make movies, i just want to make a website that allows the users to watch movies, series, interviews and sketches for free and the producers who make the medias is supported by the website and the users around it.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Interesting idea. The issue about offering movies online in a legal manner is a huge one. Be ready to include a few lawyers in your team. You need permission from each production company for each movie separately, and you need to agree on sharing revenue, and a bunch of other things.

I hate to burst your bubble, but this is tough one. If you have to ask an Internet forum about this, then you're not ready for it.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.