Question: self-employed person changes to employee

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
somequest

Post by somequest » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:13 pm

I'm a self-employed person (toiminimi) from outside of EU. Based on my business, I got A-type residence permit (1 year) in 2013. This year, I have got the second A-type residence permit (1 year).

Well, I have nursing certificate. Now, I have an opprtunity to find a job and to sign a one-year contract. After 1 year, it is possible to continue. If I sign this contract, I have to change my residence permit.

Certainly, I want the A-type residence permit. But I wonder if I can still get A-type residence permit, or unfortunately a B-type residence permit. Does anyone have the experience on this issue?

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by somequest on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

AldenG

Re: Question: self-employed person changes to employer

Post by AldenG » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:17 am

What does B have to do with it?
As he persisted, I was obliged to tootle him gently at first and then, seeing no improvement, to trumpet him vigorously with my horn.

somequest

Re: Question: self-employed person changes to employee

Post by somequest » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:41 am

Please
Last edited by somequest on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

lovelyjet

Post by lovelyjet » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:13 pm

I don't get your question. Are you going to employ someone or be employed by someone else? If you are employed with 1-year contract you will most likely get A-type. Do some readings on migri.fi will help. You can also try to call maistraatti, will find better help there

somequest

Re: Question: self-employed person changes to employee

Post by somequest » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:05 pm

lovelyjet wrote:I don't get your question. Are you going to employ someone or be employed by someone else? If you are employed with 1-year contract you will most likely get A-type. Do some readings on migri.fi will help. You can also try to call maistraatti, will find better help there
Sorry, original title is wrong. I mean I'm going to be employed, not to be self-employed any more. I wonder if I can still get A-type.
Last edited by somequest on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

lovelyjet

Post by lovelyjet » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:56 pm

According to this document, the type of residence permit based on employment depends on nature of the job. My guess is that you have to work full-time (regular working hours 37.5 per week), and a contract that is open ended, or 1-year contract that is very likely to be extended.
http://www.migri.fi/download/16424_oles ... 6a0ecad088

Still, it's best to call: http://www.migri.fi/services/telephone

cors187

Post by cors187 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:15 am

question 12 offers summary
http://www.migri.fi/services/faq/reside ... employment
Because finland is a try hard, you will often encounter the wool ball that seems knotted and requires more attention.